Discussion Board

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: S60 Signing and Certification

dear member
    hw r u alll?
    hw ill be allowed to watch youtube video when im browsing it on my e90? cos i cant see the video till now
    thank you
    and god bless u
    tony

Nokia Developer Moderator

You might want to read Hartti's answer to your question in http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=120244 from two days ago...

Some help would be much appreciated.

Im afraid that i dont speak computer speak, but i have managed to design, in Carbide UI Theme edition a theme for my new N95 8GB. I then came up against this certification problem.

I HAVE tried all the advice and suggestions that have been kindly left before. I have tried the wiki article suggested below but I would appear to be doing something wrong.

If one of you guys could jot down an idiots guide (step by step) to how to get this self signed certificate thing done i would be VERY grateful indeed. Imagine it is your granny! ;-) I have now spent almost three hours trying to get this done..........

Thank you in advance

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: S60 Signing and Certification

Quote Originally Posted by penfolddp View Post
    If one of you guys could jot down an idiots guide (step by step) to how to get this self signed certificate thing done i would be VERY grateful indeed. Imagine it is your granny! ;-) I have now spent almost three hours trying to get this done..........

Thank you in advance
    Didn't it work in your case? How to sign a .Sis file with Self-Sign Certificate

Moreover what problems are you facing with what you have "tried"?

Kiran.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by penfolddp View Post
    Some help would be much appreciated.

I HAVE tried all the advice and suggestions that have been kindly left before. I have tried the wiki article suggested below but I would appear to be doing something wrong.

Thank you in advance
    For Carbide.ui, all the special signing instructions are unnecessary as signing is totally controlled by the Carbide.ui product. So it is much easier than you think :-)!

First of all, upgrade to Carbide.ui 3.2 if you already have not (these instructions are for 3.2).

When you are done with editing you theme select Tools->Create New SIS-Package.

A widard opens, normally you do not need to do anything here except making sure that you have selected the correct target Platform (S60 3rd Edition).

Choose Next

New wizard page opens. At the bottom there is a field called Package Signing. If you selected the correct 3rd Ed platform, "Sign by" will be enabled and the key name will be "Default". No need to make any mods!

Just click Finish and you are done!

Kirian - thank you. I have indeed tried your wiki entry. Im afraid i dont really know what i am doing once i get to the command window. When i try to enter what i think you have suggested i either get "the syntax of the command is bad" or "X is not recognised as an internal or external command....". If i enter the sis file name in this command window Application Installer opens and tries to download to my mobile.

Mitts - "At the bottom there is a field called Package Signing. If you selected the correct 3rd Ed platform, "Sign by" will be enabled and the key name will be "Default"....have gone into Carbide again, and key name is blank with no default option available....

Super Contributor

Is this on 3.2? It should come with the "Default" set?

If not, you can create set of signing keys then by using the Tools -> Handle Key pairs
    Click New
    A wizard opens (I assume with no keypair listed)
    Write a name for the key pair - no blanks
    Click Generate keys
    Fill in at least one of the User info fields. If you have never used the tool before you can accept the file names as is, later you will want to give a new file name.
    Click Generate
    Back in the first view, choose Save
    Done!

Now back to the Create New SIS-Package and you should have the new keypair showing.

Btw, this is all very well explained with screenshot and all under Carbide.ui Help->Packaging Themes. Do use the Help, it is really good.

Mitts - THANK YOU! It is done and my lovely theme is now on my phone. Thank you very much for taking the time to help.