Discussion Board

Improve Nokia Theme Studio by leaps and bounds...

If you developers would ditch the JAVA and go Windows native code...the program runs only on Windows anyway...why make the interface in java???
    PLEAAAAASSSE.
    Go native code.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: Improve Nokia Theme Studio by leaps and bounds...

Thanks, I've sent this to the development team

Ron

Super Contributor

Hello,

just as side note:
    I doubt if Theme Studio need to be a "kinda Photoshop",
    it simply need to be well-written Java application, kind of application like "Site builder" by Yahoo,
    http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/index.php
    fast, portable, and low-resources application,

regards,
    Peter

HI @ll: someone told me to post my thread in here, so i´ll do like they told me

regarding the ThemeStudio ( doesn´t matter which version....all versions a slow)

sorry but....how much CPU power and memory do we need to create a simple theme for a smart-phone ?!
    2 GHz and 768MB RAM should be enough !!! - i developed themes on a 850 MHz CPU and now with 2GHz. The difference is not really obvious !
    I do not understand why the Theme Studio takes 500 MB of RAM ?! Besides you have to use Photoshop and sometimes Illustrator for editing which uses a lot of RAM also.
    It is inacceptable that this Theme Studio 3.0 is so slow that developing a whole theme für Series60 will take several hours.
    Other manufacturers (ok, with simple phones) have more usefull and faster apps to create theme. And they work excellent.
    The next thing is.....creating a theme for Series 60 2nd Edition does not mean that you are able to deploy it on a 3rd Edition phone. Here you have to add a Developer Certificate.
    And developing a Theme for Series 60 2nd also does not mean that your theme works properly on old Series60 plattforms. Some highlight you created for 2nd Edition are not usable for older Versions of the OS. Therfore the default highlight are set. And sometimes it looks like crap (sorry for that)
    So....in fact if oyu want do develope for each Edition excellent themes you have to create 3 Themes with a extremely slow and buggy programm.
    I don´t believe that NOKIA wants the developer to work under such circumstances. So please NOKIA, pimp the THEME STUDIO

regards
    Michael

PS: a slight touch of intuitive user interface would also be great. To be honest....sometimes i have no idea want the developr of the programm means with " Active idle focused list highlight background color" or something like that
    Simplifying the user interface would help using your Theme Stundio

Red face Re: Improve Nokia Theme Studio by leaps and bounds...

Hi Im using Theme Studio 3.0, Can anyone tell me how to create a private key and self signed certificate so that i can create my theme? I alr read the artist guide n try and try to create but still can't make it! Y do we need to have this certificate? I love to use theme studio 1.2 or 2 cause so easy to create my own theme. Can any one help me to solve this problem?? Thanks

Summer

HI summer_liew

please refere to this Thread

Hi summer_liew

makekeys -v -cert -dname "CN=Chakrit H OU=DevelopTest OR=CKH.Ltd CO=TH EM=ckh@ckh.com" mykey3.key mycert3.cer

you can copy this paste and save in a bath file
    put the bath file in C:\Program Files\Series_60_Theme_Studio\S60_TS_3_0\bin (or path of makekeys.exe ) then execute the bath fila (by dclick)
    then you will get mykey3.key mycert3.cer

or go google search with this keyword "makekeys symbian" you will get alot of document.

ckh