Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

problem in carbide

I have imported a MMP file in my Carbide.C++ Express . Now the problem is that the MMP file has .DEF file(only one) in it,which is important for the project so i have to use it using DEFFILE and the path of .DEF file. It is given in the carbide release notes that DEF files cannot be imported.The workaround says that "Specify DEF files per build target in the project preference ".

I am not able to understand the above statement.Also when i build the entire project only .rss file is getting compiled and i get the following in the console window.

**** Full rebuild of configuration S60 2.8 Phone (Thumb) Release for project CWCFEP ****

make -k clean all makefile:77: warning: overriding commands for target `CWCFEP.bas’ subdir.mk:83: warning: ignoring old commands for target `CWCFEP.bas’ makefile:84: warning: overriding commands for target `CWCFEP.exp’ subdir.mk:91: warning: ignoring old commands for target `CWCFEP.exp’ makefile:98: warning: overriding commands for target `CWCFEP.inf’ subdir.mk:59: warning: ignoring old commands for target `CWCFEP.inf’ makefile:105: warning: overriding commands for target `CWCFEP.def’ subdir.mk:67: warning: ignoring old commands for target `CWCFEP.def’ makefile:112: warning: overriding commands for target `CWCFEP.expi’ subdir.mk:75: warning: ignoring old commands for target `CWCFEP.expi’ del /s/q .\CWCFEP.expi .\CWCFEP.exp .\src\CKeymap.o .\src\CharTree.o .\src\CwcData.o .\src\RIntArray2D.o .\src\RelationArray.o .\src\TEditorStatus.o .\src\Words.o .\src\cwcengine.o .\src\cwcfep.o .\src\cwcfepcontrol.o .\src\cwcfepindicator.o .\src\multitapengine.o .\src\multitaptimer.o .\CWCFEP.inf .\CWCFEP.bas .\CWCFEP.def C:\Symbian\8.1a\S60_2nd_FP3\EPOC32\DATA\Z\system\fep\CwcFep.rsc Could Not Find c:\symbian\workspace\CWCFEP\S60 2.8 Phone (Thumb) Release\CWCFEP.expi Could Not Find c:\symbian\workspace\CWCFEP\S60 2.8 Phone (Thumb) Release\src\CKeymap.o Could Not Find c:\symbian\workspace\CWCFEP\S60 2.8 Phone (Thumb) Release\CWCFEP.inf Deleted file - C:\Symbian\8.1a\S60_2nd_FP3\EPOC32\DATA\Z\system\fep\CwcFep.rsc ’ ’ ’Building file: ../CwcFep.rss’ ’Invoking: Resource Compiler’ perl.exe -S epocrc.pl -u -DLANGUAGE_sc -I"c:\symbian\workspace\CWCFEP\group" -I"c:\symbian\workspace\CWCFEP\inc" -I- -I"C:\Symbian\8.1a\S60_2nd_FP3\epoc32\include" -I"E:\CwcFep060606\CwcFep\group" -o"C:/Symbian/8.1a/S60_2nd_FP3/EPOC32/DATA/Z/system/fep/CwcFep.rsc" -hC:\Symbian\8.1a\S60_2nd_FP3\EPOC32\include\CwcFep.rsg ../CwcFep.rss

’Finished building: ../CwcFep.rss’ ’ ’ ’No tool found that can build the extension specified with the build arrtifact name all’ Build complete for project CWCFEP *******************************************************

My project is not getting compiled and .dll (target type)is not created.

Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you in advance Sameer.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: problem in carbide

You specify a DEF file by opening the Project menu, selecting Properties, and going to the C/C++ Build settings. There is a Def File field in the following location, depending on your target:

WINSCW: Under WINSCW C/C++ Linker > Intel X86 Linker Options.

ARMI/THUMB: Under GCC98 DllTool Import Library Generation Stage > General Options.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Matt P.