Discussion Board

Run App on Uninstall problem

I wish to run an application on the uninstallation of my main application. The app which should run just asks the user if they wish to remove any files which have been created and will not be uninstalled by default.

The problem i have is, that when i uninstall the application, the clean up app seems to run, but fails immediately, and then the uninstall continues as normal. If i run the clean up app as a standalone app (through the application menu) then it runs fine. It appears that the problem lies in the call to BaseConstructL() in the Cleanup apps AppUi::ConstructL. This seems to leave and causes my cleanup app not to run on uninstall (even though it runs fine when run as a normal app and not during uninstalls).

Why would running an app on uninstall cause the BaseConstructL to leave? Anyone seen anything similar? And know how to get around this issue?

Thanks,

JL

Re: Run App on Uninstall problem

The problem seemed to be with the icon i was using. Because this application was a hidden application and its only purpose was to remove files created by the main user accessible app, i was trying to use the main applications icon file (and not install or create a separate icon for this app).

When I stopped using the main applications icon, and created and installed a separate icon for the uninstall app, it all worked fine.