Discussion Board

How to send AT Commands to 5110 from an Embedded system

Hii,

I need to send AT Commands to 5110 instrument from a small Embedded System with a 8051 chip. Can I directly send the binary equivalent of the AT commands to the port at the bottom of the 5110?? Or Is there any special hardware interfacing needed for this??

If 5001 does not support this, which model will??

Please help

Thnx
    shashikanth

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: How to send AT Commands to 5110 from an Embedded system

Hi!

Please use some data enabled phone (7110, 9110, 9210, 6310 etc.) for embedded systems. 5110 does not have internal modem and you can't run the PC Suite at embedded system.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

RE: How to send AT Commands to 5110 from an Embedded system

Hello shashikanth

I also have a nokia 5110. I like to use it with an AT90S1200 in a car position (gps) system. This means, to activate the mobile 5110 after a theft of the car and sending a SMS with the current position.

I think that, if it is posible to communicate with datasuite it must be possible to do that with a micro computer. (8051 or AT90S..).

Please send me an E-Mail (h.l.ter.elst@hccnet.nl) on that supject. How did You solve your problem.
    Manny thanks
    Henk
    (NL)

All you need to do is debug the serial comms to the phone and simulate that in your embedded solution.

I do not know why Nokia can not provide the codes for this. They changed their phone over to the AT commands because they are public knowledge. What is the problem?