Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

theme studio 2.1 and nokia 6103

I have tried about 100 times now to get a theme to work on this phone.

If I use theme studio 1.2 for series 40 phones it works no problem but if i use theme studio 2.1 for series 40 phones i get a error while tring to install the theme.

"Unable to open" "Theme corrupted"

What is going on?
    Screen size was set to 128x160 and even tried all the other screen resolutions and still same error.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Super Contributor

Re: theme studio 2.1 and nokia 6103

Hi buzzon! Welcome to Nokia Discussion Boards!!

I have been going through Nokia Series 40 theme studio page and have read that "Nokia Series 40 Theme Studio 1.2 is compatible with Nokia Series 40 UI themes 1.2 supporting phones" and "Nokia Series 40 Theme Studio 2.1 is compatible with Nokia Series 40 UI themes 2.0 supporting phones"
    REF : http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,6566,034-601,00.html

Please go through the list of phones supported by each Theme studio and also go through the data sheet of each theme studio.

Hope this helps!

Regards
    Gopal

I have exactly the same problem dunno why but it just will not work on 6103. I have tried every possible way and it still sais "Theme corrupted" and it sais in different documents that 6103 is supported by the Theme Studio 2.1 !!

I also have a problem with creating theme in 1.2 studio i won't read my wallpapers any ideas for that ?

I did look and it says it is compatable with the nokia 6103 but no matter what i do like the person above it will not let me apply the theme.
    Theme corrupted.

I am almost postive now that it is not compatable with the 6103 cause i have found alot of users getting the same message and not one that has been able to apply a theme made with theme studio 2.1 for the 40 series phone.

Now 1.2 is a different story dont have a single problem with that on and works perfect but i want the extra options that 2.1 has.

Also the 6103 is not listed as compatable with theme studio 1.2 but it works.

I just started with all this, but I can't get a theme from 2.1 to work on my 6103 either. It always gives the 'corrupted' error message.

There is 3 nokia any one from nokia want to tell us what is going on?

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

I'll look into this and see if I can find someone to comment. This may be a documentation bug (6103 shouldn't be listed) or it may be more serious. I'll find out.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron
    I'll look into this and see if I can find someone to comment. This may be a documentation bug (6103 shouldn't be listed) or it may be more serious. I'll find out.

Ron
    Ok please keep me updated on what you find out.
    Thank you.

I found out that the persons I need to talk too are on vacation. This may take a couple weeks. If you want to write me an e-mail the first of August if I haven't responded by then.

Thanks,

Ron

it seems a lot of people are asking the same, so it would be much apreciated if any solution (or confirmation of "nothing to do, it`s a user manual bug") could be posted here or in any of the topics regarding this. I´m gonna keep making themes with 2.1, just for the kicks

hey. I'm new and i have the same problem with Nokia 6230i. I just tought i wud let yous know..

My apology for the delay in replying.

6103 and 6230i are using Themes XML version 1. Themes Studio 2.0/2.1 are generating a Themes XML version 2 descriptor. So they have to use Themes Studio 1.2 for these phones.

That is the reason,

Ron

Hi all,

I am trying to create a theme for Nokia 6070 (S40 v2) using S40 Theme Studio 1.2 .

Is there any possibility to change the font color to white instead of the default black color ?

It seems it is possible to change the font color using S40 Theme Studio 2.1. But seems like this 2.1 version's XML version is different and so theme corrupted error message appears in the device.

Is it possible to upgrade the firmware of 6070 so that it supports the the S40 Theme Studio 2.1 version's XML version.

Please help me.

Thanks,
    Kannan Balasubramanian.

Hi, I've checked the xml created and it stated that it was version 1.0!
    below is the header of the XML file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE theme PUBLIC "-//NOKIA//DTD THEME 2.0//EN" "theme.dtd">
    <theme name="Tokoyo Drift" version="2.0">

Hi, folks,

I am told there is a new Theme Studio. Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edtion 3.1 that you can download from Forum Nokia

Supported S60 Platform versions:

S60 2nd Edition
    S60 2nd Edition Feature Pack 1
    S60 2nd Edition Feature Pack 2
    S60 2nd Edition Feature Pack 3
    S60 3rd Edition
    S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1

Here is the blurb from Forum Nokia.

Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition for Symbian OS is a tool that enables the creation of packages to customize the appearance of the user interface on S60 devices. These packages can then be used by any device user to alter the look and feel of their S60 device. Carbide.ui has been designed with the creative professional in mind. It allows the S60 UI to be customized with full WYSIWYG layout, without the need for layout defi nition coding or specialized mobile design experience. In addition, Carbide.ui can be integrated with a wide range of creative graphic and audio packages, allowing designers to work with their favorite tools. Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition for Symbian OS creates S60 themes that alter the appearance of the S60 UI and S60 Music Player. Themes can be created, edited, and viewed easily. Full WYSIWYG features allow the appearance of wallpaper, application icons, color schemes, or any other UI component to be evaluated accurately. Once a theme has been created, the tool will package it into a Symbian OS installation fi le and prepare it for Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Digital Rights Management (DRM) protection, if required, after which it will be ready for deployment to devices.