Discussion Board

Arrow Problem with nokia 7600 emulator

I have a game. It has a screen that contains options HELP(game help) and OPTIONS(vibrator on and off).When i run the jar and jad files of the game with any nokia or samsung emulator, it works fine and both HELP and OPTIONS work ok. But in Nokia 7600 emulator, the HELP(game help) option also starts displaying the contents of OPTIONS option. dont know y this happens. when the jar and jad are same. Can someone help plzzz?Huh
    Regards
    Abhi

Super Contributor

Re: Problem with nokia 7600 emulator

Could you please give some more details like, is it a canvas based application or are you using Lists, Forms etc? Have you tried in the real 7600 device? Does it work fine?

Regards
    Gopal

Exclamation Re: Problem with nokia 7600 emulator

Sir, actually when the game starts, i get a few screens displayin the game. Splash screens... Then i get a screen displaying the menu. It has 5 alternatives. NEW, LOAD,...... HELP(to show game help) n OPTIONS(vibrator ON OFF). In all emulators the jar/jad work fine. But in 7600, the HELP alternative also starts showing the contents of OPTIONS alternative. This happens only in 7600.Not in any other Nokia or Samgung emulator....

Super Contributor

Re: Problem with nokia 7600 emulator

I guess you are using Form for displaying contents of help screen. Are you re-using that Form? I mean are you first appending the contents of Options (vibrator) and then removing it and adding contents of Help screen when Help screen is selected?

May be you could post the corresponding code so that we could check it out. Also would like to know whether you have tried a sample app that could reproduce the behaviour?

Regards
    Gopal