Discussion Board

help needed regarding deleted items from outlook/outlook express

dear all,
    I would like to know how to deal with getting deleted items from outlook over a period of time. This is in regard to SyncML synchronization.
    The way we are currently doing is, we have map info. With map info, we try to access each and every item in the data store, if exception is arraised means, item got deleted. I know it is not a good method. Please suggest me another efficient way.
    Thanks in advance.

Pratap.

Nokia Developer Champion
    Is this server side or client side related? If it is client side, are you doing a Symbian OS or J2ME application on the phone or are you using the built-in SyncML client?

Re: help needed regarding deleted items from outlook/outlook express

We are coding for server side, for local synchronization.
    That is I requested the information for Microsoft Outlook ans Microsoft Outlook Express. We are using MAPI controls.

--
    pratap.

Nokia Developer Champion
    I would contact/use Microsoft (Developer) Support channels. For example, Microsoft has own Newsgroups with quite good support by other users.

I do not think, you will get an answer to a Microsoft-only problem here, especially because there is the Nokia PC Suite as free competitor.

Hi,to this problem,Advanced Outlook Repair can help to undelete the emails you delete by mistake. Refer to http://www.datanumen.com/aor/problem...ok-deleted.htm for more detailed information.
    And visiting http://www.datanumen.com/aor/ can get detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair.
    And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe

Alan

For work with outlook files,use next application-microsoft outlook repair,
    recover data when a *.pst file completely or partially stops functioning, recovered data, such as messages, notes, contacts and other Microsoft Outlook items will be saved to a new pst file (or several *.pst files), can save various Microsoft Outlook items as separate files with the .eml, .vcf and .txt extensions,recover .ost files of Microsoft Exchange,reading data from files created in Microsoft Outlook versions 97, 98, 2000, XP, 2002, 2003, 2007,repair .pst tool copatible with Windows 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista.
    Last edited by zlatan24; 2008-07-08 at 08:06.