Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How do I install a Java application in the Nokia 9200 Series Communicators?

How do I install a Java application in the Nokia 9200 Series Communicators?

Regular Contributor

RE: How do I install a Java application in the Nokia 9200 Series Communicators?

To create an installation package, follow these steps:

1) Use the SDK's tool AIFBuilder to create .app, .txt files. If you have a specific icon for your application,you must also generate a .mbm and .aif file.

2) Write a .pkg file. This is required as a source for makesis command. Create the installation package by command "makesis your_app.pkg" - this creates your_app.sis file.

3) When the .sis file is created, transfer it to the device via infrared. After transferring, open the .sis file and the device will automatically install the application to the system. The installed application can be found in the Extras folder.

You can also use Nokia Developer's Suite for PJAE to create the installation package and install the application to your target device.

More information can be found at Forum Nokia's document "How to develop Java? Applications for the Nokia 9200 Communicator Series" and "Using Nokia Developer's Suite for PJAE in Java? Application Development for the Nokia 9200 Communicator Series." Check also the SDK documentation.