Discussion Board

Thread: Jpg Images!

Jpg Images!

Hi,

This should be a simple question. How do I display a JPG image on a 7650 using the series 60 SDK?

I've seen similar questions here before, but with very unspcific answers or no answers at all. A sample app "Remote Camera" has been suggested, but this sample does not exist, atleast in my SDK!

The closest I got was the "snapshot" sample, which uses the CFbsBitmap class to handle an image taken by the camera. Looks OK, but I can't really figure out how to load an image manually instead of using the camera. The Load() method of the class takes .mbm files, not JPG, so... ?

As I said, this should be pretty straight forward in a image-oriented phone like 7650, though it still amazes me how bad the SDK is! There's a huge section on "graphics", with explanations of how to open and edit everything from .mbm files to .dat files. But although images are stored in .jpg format on the phone, there is nothing about opening a jpg image !?

I'm looking for something like:
    OpenAndDisplayJPG("C:\\Nokia\\Images\\Image.jpg");

Any help ?

Paul

Regular Contributor

RE: Jpg Images!

The BmpManip example does what you need. This example takes a GIF file, converts it to a BMP and displays it to the screen.

The conversion process is automatic, however, so this example can take any input type and will automatically convert it to BMP. I saved the example GIF as a JPG and it loaded it in with no problems.

Does that help ?

Regular Contributor

RE: Jpg Images!

Hello,

Take a look of SDK Series60 example Bmpmanip. It uses Symbian CMdaImageFileToBitmapUtility to open GIF (or JPG, BMP, etc. ). It has all the you need to open jpg.