Discussion Board

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Known Issues

Nokia Developer Champion

SMSC and Offline

On Nokia S60 (like Nokia 6680) and Nokia Series 80 (like Nokia 9300i), you have to catch an Error (not Exception; better catch Throwable) when you call
    Code:
    System.getProperty("wireless.messaging.sms.smsc");
    This is thrown (Symbian OS -2 on Nokia 6680 and -36 on Nokia 9300i) when you are in the Offline profile or on Nokia Series 80 when GSM tranceiver is turned off (through turning off the Nokia Series 40 part). This issue is quite handy, actually, as it tells you whether the GSM radio is turned off.

Furthermore, there will be no message dialog when you have an uncaught Error. The MIDlet just quits, so catch this Error in your code. Makes it difficult to debug.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: getResourceAsStream finds file with wrong name

tkinnun0, thanks!

I verified the error (getResourceAsStream) and submitted this to the development team. A known issue document will be published shortly.

best regards,
    Hartti

Regular Contributor

Re: Known Issues

Quote Originally Posted by MananW
    Hi All

I have developed an application that works fine on 6681,3250.
    But when I tested this application on 6131 it does not work.

My application connects to server(aspx page) and writes the content on mobile phone's local memory.This part is not working on 6131.

Any comments???????
    6131 support CLDC 1.0 or CLDC 1.1?? the solution to ur problem may lie in this??

Hi gmsk19,

Please do not hijack the threads here and create your own threads ok?

Yes, it supports CLDC 1.1 and also the JSR-75 and the FileConnection API as per its specs:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6131

"writes the content on mobile phone's local memory"
    Does it use FileConnection?

"This part is not working on 6131."
    It can be a million problems, you must supply more information about your code, error descriptions and stack traces so that people here can try to help you.

Kind regards,
    Juarez Alvares Barbosa Junior - Brazil

Nokia Developer Champion
    Technology: IrDA OBEX (JSR-82)
    Reported against: Nokia S60 3rd Edition / Nokia N80 / 4.0623
    Subject: More than one IrDA OBEX IAS
    Detailed description: When you search for more than one service, it will fail with IOException and message states Symbian OS error -28.
    How to reproduce:
    Code:
    String urlOBEX = "irdaobex://discover;ias=OBEX,OBEX:IrXfer"; // fails with IOException (Symbian OS error -28)
    //String urlOBEX = "irdaobex://discover;ias=OBEX:IrXfer"; // works
    //String urlOBEX = "irdaobex://discover;ias=OBEX"; // works
    //String urlOBEX = "irdaobex://discover"; // works
    //String urlOBEX = "irdaobex://discover;ias=NotValid"; // fails (as expected) with the same error
    ClientSession session = (ClientSession) Connector.open(urlOBEX);
    session.close();
    Although the first four queries should all be the same, more than one IAS in the list and it will fail.
    Solution: Search for each service name individually.

Nokia Developer Champion
    Technology: IrDA OBEX (JSR-82)
    Reported against: Nokia S60 3rd Edition / Nokia N80 / 4.0623
    Subject: IrDA OBEX ClientSession.close does not block correctly
    Detailed description: When you open several sessions in a row, it will fail with IOException and message states Symbian OS error -36 because the previous session is not closed yet.
    How to reproduce:
    Code:
    String urlOBEX = "irdaobex://discover";
    ClientSession session = (ClientSession) Connector.open(urlOBEX); // works
    session.close();
    //Thread.sleep(500) // works then; 250 or yield do not work
    session = (ClientSession) Connector.open(urlOBEX); // fails with IOException (Symbian OS error -36)
    session.close();
    Solution: Wait a moment (500 msec were enough for me; could be lower) between each session.

Nokia Developer Champion
    Technology: Bluetooth (JSR-82)
    Reported against: all, I guess
    – Nokia S60 3rd Edition / Nokia N80 / 4.0707
    – Nokia Series 40 3rd Edition / Nokia 6270 / 03.81
    Subject: ServiceRecord.populateRecord blocks forever
    Detailed description: It does not matter whether the attribute is locally known already, available remotely or not available at all.
    How to reproduce:
    Code:
    ServiceRecord record = …
    int[] attrIDs = { 0x0001 };
    record.populateRecord(attrIDs);
    Solution: Request the attribute(s) in DeviceAgent.searchServices through first parameter.

Someone should crosscheck this, as I cannot believe it. However, the same code works on a Sony Ericsson as client like a charm.

Hi,

In NOKIA n93 If we have use RFilelogger then It have not print any thing in the file.

Thanks,
    Navneet

Nokia Developer Champion

Regular Contributor

on Nokia 6111 using Image.createImage with transform = Sprite.TRANS_MIRROR causes the tranparent pixels to become opaque.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Are the any special conditions to that 6111 bug? Because I just tested this writing a very simple test app that draw series of the same image on canvas with all the different transforms. At least with firmware version 3.77 and png images the problem didn't seem to occur. Though what I found out that transparency for gif version of the otherwise same image didn't work at all (all transparent pixels became opaque), I have to check some docs whether this is due to a platform limitation or a bug. (as the transparent gif worked ok on the few S60 devices I tested against)

I know that the same transform problem has also been previously listed on j2meforum's site, so maybe someone knows more about it.

Regular Contributor

No, the problem I had was for pngs, but my firmware is different: v 3.58

Hi - trying to figure out if we are being stupid or this is a real bug:

We have a J2ME application which we sign with a Verisign class 3 certificate. This signing is goo dfor S-E and seems to work fine on my Nokia 6280.

From what I can see on the S-E phones and the 6280 the Authority Certificate which is being used is Valid from 29 Jan 1996 until 1 Aug 2028.

It has Serial No. 70 BA E4 1D 10 D9 29 34 B6 38 CA 7B 03 CC BA BF

And Fingerprint 742C 3192 E607 E424 EB45 4954 2BE1 BBC5 #e61 74E2

HOWEVER - when I try to install on a 5300 I get an error "Certificate not on phone or SIM". Sure enough I can't find Verisign in the list of Authority Certificate.

I also tried installing on a new 6288 and 6267 we got on load from Nokia - they also don't allow the application to run - - they clam to have that authority certificate though (same fingerprint and Serial No.). Neither of them works, though I see some difference between them - on the 6288 the certificate seems to be fully there - "Select use" shows "applications signing" is checked.
    On the 6267 the certificate seems to be there (called PCA3ss_v4.509.cer) but the option "Apps Signing" is unchecked and I cannot check it

I'd be fine getting a Thawte certificate if that's what it takes, but how can I be sure that it will work?

Nokia Developer Champion
    Technology: MMSC (JSR-205)
    Reported against: Nokia S60 3rd Edition / Nokia N80 and Nokia N95
    Subject: Service Center query takes 30 seconds
    Detailed description: If no MMS connection point is defined, the call to query for the MMS service center will block for exactly 30 seconds to return null.
    How to reproduce:
    Code:
    System.getProperty("wireless.messaging.mms.mmsc");
    Solution: Call this within a thread and show the user a progress bar when the call takes longer or forget the result of this thread when it takes longer as it will be null anyway.

Regular Contributor

I have discovered a bug in the N73 that causes the phone to crash.
    It happens when a particular png is mirrored using Image.createImage(...Sprite.TRANS_MIRROR);
    The mirrored images are shown with the transparent pixels of the right third of the image replaced with white pixels. If you display the mirrored image enough times the entire phone will crash.
    Out of several dozen pngs this bug only occured with 4 particular ones, I have know idea why.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast