Discussion Board

Discovering services on 6230i

Hi Can anyone help me with this. Im having problems discovering a service running on my 6230i. I have no problem using suns WTK emulating two phones (one server one client) and discovering the service running on my pc with my phone, however i cant discover the service running on my phone from the pc. All i get is a SERVICE_SEARCH_ERROR from the serviceSearchCompleted response code. Has the 6230i got any security features that might be preventing the service discovery (eg you have to be paired)..

cheers

Mat

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Discovering services on 6230i

Hi,

Are you using the getFriendlyName() method often? It causes problems (including service_search_error) if called too many times or called during a service/device discovery.

In the Introduction To Developing Networked MIDlets Using Bluetooth (With Example) package, there's a bluetooth sample application already compiled and packaged as .jar. I normally use it as a test application to track connectivity problems.

You could give it a try and compare its source code to yours, to see if there are any significant differences that might be causing the problem.

[]s
    Daniel

Re: Discovering services on 6230i

Hi Daniel, cheers for that i've run the sample app on my phone and an app on my pc to connect to it but i still get the same problem. However using my original apps if i hardcode the connection url of the phone into the pc app I can send messages to the phone but still get the service discovery error...