×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    148

    Problem with CW 3.1: Wrong files being included

    I have found a problem in CW 3.1 in combination with the S60_3rd_MR sdk.

    CW puts *.rsg file inside the BUILD folder: %EPOCROOT%Epoc32\Build\<project path and stuff>\WINSCW.

    But when the underlying .rss file is changed, the .rsg file in the BUILD folder is not changed. This is in itself not a problem, because the rsg file is supposed to be included from epoc32\include, that's why it is inside <> and not inside "" when the rsg file is included. The rsg file in epoc32\include is changed, btw.

    The same problem happens with mbg files.

    The defect is that the BUILD folder is also put by CW in the user paths. Look at Edit > WINSCD UDEB Settings, Target - Access paths. I.e it is as if one has put the BUILD folder in a USERINCLUDE in the mmp file. What this means is this: CW is now including the rsg file from the BUILD path instead of from epoc32\include, even though the code states clearly that the rgs file must be included from one of the systeminclude paths (because it is between <>).

    Building from the command line fixes this, but then, building from the command line doesn't make the CW ide think the project is up to date, the ide wants to compile again. So for each change in an rsg file you must compile twice, once from the command line and once from the IDE.

    I would like to see a very quick fix for this. At this moment CW 3.1 cannot be reliably used to build executables, because changes in the resource file are not being taken into account.

    Sander van der Wal
    mBrain Software

  2. #2
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    81

    Re: Problem with CW 3.1: Wrong files being included

    Carbide.vs has similar problems. With the current project I'm working on the .rsg and .mpg files get put in one of my user include directories: i.e they are created within my source tree and not in \epoc32\include! This is extremely annoying because they have to be manually deleted every time I switch between SDKs, which I do fairly often.

    In addition to this the IDE never seems to build resources correctly anyway and I can't build for the emulator at the command line (the build tools moan about not having a valid CodeWarrior install). Consequently I've come to the conclusion that the best thing to do is to build the project for the device using the command line (abld build gcce urel / abld build armi urel) and manually copy the target resource files from \epoc32\data\... into \epoc32\release\winscw\...

    This works well but you always have to remember to do it if you make changes to the resources. At least building from the command line puts the .rsg's and .mbg's in the right place!

  3. #3
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,048

    Re: Problem with CW 3.1: Wrong files being included

    For Carbide.vs, did you try to change the order of Includes (for each particular project) in the project Properties ->C/C++ -> General -> Addtional Include directories. Now we put the local dir first, if you change the order it should first look under the SDK?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    148

    Re: Problem with CW 3.1: Wrong files being included

    I am not using Carbide.vs. In CW, I do not touch the settings generated by the mmp importer.

    Sander van der Wal
    mBrain Software

Similar Threads

  1. Findbox with graphic listbox problem (wrong filtering)
    By yavolinsky in forum Symbian User Interface
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-02-03, 02:32
  2. problem with headder files
    By vinayakak in forum Symbian User Interface
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2006-01-27, 13:59
  3. problem about content-type with Nokia Mobile Toolkit 3.1
    By icting in forum General Messaging
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2002-08-21, 10:13
  4. problem about Nokia Mobile Intenet Toolkit 3.1
    By icting in forum General Messaging
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2002-08-21, 09:57
  5. ontimer problem with new toolkit 3.1
    By datareceived in forum Browsing and Mark-ups
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2002-08-19, 04:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×