Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RE: error code: 8004320A

hears a funny thing .. having tryed for a number of weeks to get my BT to work with nokia sycn and giving up i was told about this site ... so i looked, and thought hip hip some one else having the same problems as me . i then took it upon my self to phone nokia tec in the UK and that ansa my call with in a few rings told him about the problem . he said there is no problem , told him about this site and the number of people have the same problem , guess what he said ........ NOTHING HE HUNG UP

hears a funny thing .. having tryed for a number of weeks to get my BT to work with nokia sycn and giving up i was told about this site ... so i looked, and thought hip hip some one else having the same problems as me . i then took it upon my self to phone nokia tec in the UK and that ansa my call with in a few rings told him about the problem . he said there is no problem , told him about this site and the number of people have the same problem , guess what he said ........ NOTHING HE HUNG UP

error code: 8004320A

When trying to Sync using blue tooth I receive an error operation Failed (error code: 8004320A). This error seems to be common on news groups without any posted solution. We are running the latest version of PC Suite on Windows XP, the sync works fine with Infra Red. My card is a Digianswer blue tooth pc card rebadged as toshiba.

Why is it that Nokia support will not address this issue, they stated that we need a nokia blue tooth card - like hell, blue tooth is a common medium no matter what hardware it uses so it should work, your product does not state that you need a specific card to use the service, how come you suck!!!

We are now screwed cause of your misleading sales information!!!

Is this a ploy to make people use your cards, have you knowingly programmed this error as a "feature"?

regards unhappy nokia customer jan

well, i dont think the bluetooth card is the problem. pc suite for nokia does not work under windows xp i think. at least it doesnt with my computer. i have the socket bluetooth pc card (the one they advertise is correct)

I'm using Nokia 6310i and pcsuite provided with it (version 4.81) and got the same error. I'd be really please if you give me the solution to this problem.

I too am having exactly the same problem. The 6310i and the laptop with a bluetooth usb adaptor can see each other but I cannot using PCSync enable the bluetooth option. I recieve "Operation Failed (error code: 8004320A) everytime I try and use the software.

I am using the latest version of PCSuite I could find downloaded it from the Nokia Website yesterday. I have a usb bluetooth device from billionton an running both XP and Win2K both OS's see the same error.
    Nokia Status monitor does not see the phone when using Bluetooth and connection manager fails with the above error.

I am getting to the point where I am wanting to send the phone back to Nokia as Bluetooth functionality was one of the reasons I purchased it in the first place.

Unless Nokia wants lots of these phones returned I suggest they post solutions to this problem rather than leaving all these users with a defective product.

I agree totally. Bluetooth is a standard, I should be able to take my phone anywhere in the world without the bluetooth adaptor and sync my phone with other devices. If Nokia are not adhereing to the standard then they should have rebadged there technology as Nokia Bluetooth which I am sure IBM will have problems with. This in my opinion is false advertising, advertising the Nokia 6310i as a bluetooth device.

As far as I am concerned it is Nokias responsibility to fix this problem or expect end users to ditch there product as it does not work as advertised.

Hi All

I have been troubleshooting the Nokia 6310i, bluetooth compatibility issue a little further over the weekend and have discovered the following.

1. The bluetooth connection to the phone via usb bluetooth adaptor and the bluetooth software actually work. It is the Nokia PCSuite Software that cannot handle this type of bluetooth connection. The software wants a "hardwired" bluetooth adaptor, that is a bluetooth adaptor that is connected via pci/pcmcia NOT "USB". The usb bluetooth connection sets up virtual serial com ports which are used to communicate with the mobile. Nokia has either deliberately broken this type of connection or the developers have not allowed for it and written crappy code.

For example I chose "virtual" com port 3 for the connection which means I can start hyper terminal and start a new session using com port 3. To determine if the phone is connected I then issue the following command ati3

In fact I issued ati1,ati2,ati3,ati4,ati5,ati6,ati7,ati8,ati9 adn recieved varying degrees of information from my phone but ati3 gives me my information about my mobile and its firmware (I believe anyway as I am no mobile phone expert)

I am now trying out software to manage my phone from tdk. I am also waiting for another vendor to release there software that can be used to manage Nokia and other phones via a PC.

Hope this helps

Paul

Just NOW I call to Nokia Care Line.
    They says that DON'T KNOWN ABOUT THIS PROBLEM
    It is a fantastick! People, it is necessary not to write in forums but in courts. It is a deceit of consumers.

PC SUITE / NOKIA 6310i / BLUETOOTH - THE ANSWER (BAD NEWS)

I hope I can save some of you poor customers a lot of time and money from my own experience.

I have finally got Nokia Tech Support to confirm that Nokia PC Suite will not (and will never) work with the majority of PC Bluetooth devices. (including 3Com, MSI and Compaq)

It will ONLY work with "Digianswer Enabled" Bluetooth devices and at the moment the only manufacturer known to Nokia of such a device is "Socket". In effect Nokia have not adopted the Bluetooth standard, they have built their own version of Bluetooth so that you have to buy the Nokia certified Bluetooth device.

I have found a vendor in the UK of a certified "Socket" Bluetooth device. It is basically a PCMCIA credit card style card for a laptap and costs about 100 + VAT @ 17.5% + delivery, so is not cheap. If you want to connect to a Desktop, you also need a PCI card to receive the PCMCIA laptop card, which will cost you another 60 +VAT +Del.

I recommend you all abandon ever trying to get Nokia PC Suite to work with Bluetooth devices on a pc.

The solution - A USB cable with bundled software almost identical to PC Suite maunfactured by "Konnect". This costs 30 and is sold throughout the UK at branches of Carphone Warehouse, The Link and other reputable mobile phone retailers. (this is 10 less than Nokia's own Serial cable, is faster than serial or Bluetooth), and above all - IT WORKS.

Good luck to all of you.

Now here's an interesting thing. I am writing this on my laptop, using a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse under XP. Ok, so the installation forced SP1, but it works beautifully. Not so my 6310I - error code 8004320A. So, now that MS have not only included support for BT, but are selling their own USB BT interface and device(s), will Nokia do anything about it?

Reasonably happy Nokia customer, but fast getting disillusioned,
    Nigel Law

Hello! I use SONY PCG-GRX560 with an external Bluetooth device. Luckily I managed to connect my NOKIA 6310i with that device. NOKIA modem works without any problem,however PC Suite does not work at all.Unfortunately this notebook does not have Serial Com port.For that I bought USB-COM adapter.Adapter itself has been properly installed and it recognized my mobile. The problem is that after I have installed NOKIA PC Suite it does not work via COM15 which is designed for USB adapter. :-( Software supplied with mobile does not match:-(I have no idea what to do.
    Anyway bluetooth works fine :-)

Me too. I have the bluetake BT007 usb dongle

Further top my other posts - my 6310i is now at 5.22 firmware, and still won't work with the Microsoft Bluetooth transceiver. No longer the "Device not found" message, but complete failure to connect, after successful (apparently) pairing.

I have an ACER BT500 USB-Bluetooth key, and I tried to make it work with my NOKIA 6310i without success. After reading this, I understand I can't make it work. NOKIA, please solve this problem, but first I expect and official answer from you, as any respectable company will do the same. Till now I think you are, but I'm affraid I'll change my mind. I need my NOKIA 6310i to work with any bluetooth connector, that was a main reason I bought this phone!