Discussion Board

N70 Video Recording problem

Video recording on high quality stutters and lags, the resulting video also has many pauses and lags.

What is causing this? I'm using ADATA 1GB memory card. Used Samsung 1GB memrocy card beofre and there was the same problem.

The problem is fixed on the immediate format, but after some time I get installing some programs, music etc, the video recording then again starts stuttering.

Anf fix for this????

Re: N70 Video Recording problem

I have the exactly same problem, with N90.
    I tried using every single MMC uncorrupter on the internet, nothing works, just like he said, after a while installing programs in the MMC, the sluggishness starts when recording video.

I see this happens with Kingston too.

I was really hoping this could be fixed. I don't mind recording the video while the screen is slow, but when I watch the video I can't have any lags, come on.

Super Contributor

Hi params7, IDoSI! Welcome to Nokia Developer Discussion Boards!!

Please note that this is Mobile Application Developer Discussion Boards, Nokia end user products support questions should be addressed at Nokia's online support sites http://www.nokia.com/support not here in Forum Nokia.
    Also there are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/. If you post your concerns there you may get a response from there.

Regards
    Gopal

Thanks for the reply balagopalks, the fact is that I've been searching all over the internet for people with the same problem as me. Unfortunately I found many of them, and yet Nokia haven't done anything to calm us down. I already posted in the Discussion boards and sent them feedback, but I got no reply.

As I found params7's post in this forum through a search engine, I thought I should post and bump the subject to see if I got some reply from some experienced users and maybe some more attention from Nokia. All I wanted is to be pointed to a fully working MMC for my N90.

I understand this is not the correct forum for that, and I apologize.

Thanks for the attention

Super Contributor

If you are still in trouble, may be you should check with a Nokia care center and try updating the firmware.

Regards
    Gopal

Yea, I forgot to say I already have v5 (latest) =(

Quote Originally Posted by IDoSI
    Yea, I forgot to say I already have v5 (latest) =(
    Okay, I contacted Nokia India Care via Email, researched a lot, and here's my understanding.

The problem is caused by the quality of the MMC, it has something to do with it being a 'fake'. Kingston has recently released a 2GB Rs DV mmc. I know guys who have bought this, box packed and Legit, 100% real and sealed, and guess what, butter smooth (full framerate) video recording for those guys on their N70's and '90's even with around 1gig already filled up.

Here is just a part of my 'research' :

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=988865

http://forum2.mobile-review.com/showthread.php?t=53665
    ^talks about places frm where you can supposedly get a legit MMC.

I am now almost 100% sure the problem is related to the MMC being not original. If you bought your MMC from Ebay (sellers like Flashman), off any regualr shop of the street, there is a GREAT chance you have not bought the original item.
    I also tested the 64mb RS DV mmc which came with my N70, I filled it up to its brink, with around 20 applications, and 40mb of songs with only 4-5mb to spare. The recording yet went smoothly even on highest quality with sound on.

Though I can't confirm this, and would definitely like further input (from Nokia themselves if possbile). As to the thread being in the wrong section, I apologize, please shift the thread to its appropriate section.

Here is the reply I got from Nokia India Care. :

Thank you for e-mailing Nokia Care.
    This e-mail is in reference to your enquiry regarding Nokia N70. This phone has an inbuilt memory of 30 MB and supports Memory cards of up to 1 GB. However, you may kindly note that Nokia does not recommend the usage of third party accessories or enhancements as it might the performance of the phone. Nokia offers Reduced Size Memory Cards of various memory capacities such as 128MB, 256MB, 512MB and 1GB. To ensure best functionality and compatibility of the memory cards with other Nokia products, we strongly recommend using only Nokia branded memory cards. We are not in a position to assure full compatibility across all brands and products.

To ensure genuineness, please purchase Nokia products from a Nokia priority Dealer.

For location of a Nokia Priority Dealer nearest to you, kindly access the following web link:

http://www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,45249,00.html

However, if you are still facing a concern with the Video recording feature after using a Nokia Memory card, we request you to kindly visit a Nokia Authorised Service Centre. Our technicians will examine your phone and assist you in the best possible way.

Please visit the below mentioned web link to locate a Nokia Authorised Service Centre nearest to your location:

http://www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,45554,00.html

We recommend you to take along the proof of purchase while visiting the Nokia Authorised Service Centre. Your phone would be repaired under warranty if it meets all the warranty guidelines.

Before submitting your phone at the Service Centre, you may kindly take a backup of the phone contacts data to the SIM card. If the phone supports memory card, take a back up of contacts, messages, images, clips etc. on to the memory card or on to the PC. Back up can be taken, provided the phone is in “Power ON” condition. The technicians at the Nokia Authorised Service Centre and Nokia India would not be responsible for the loss of data during the repair process.

For further enquiries, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Executives at 30303838 or 1800-425-3388 between the hours of 6:00am and 12:00 midnight, seven days a week. For online support, visit "Have a question? Ask Nokia" at www.nokia.co.in. You may also find answers to your queries at www.nokia.co.in/support. We reassure you of our continuous support.

Please help us improve our services by clicking on the following link:

https://digiumenterprise.com/answer/...5&chk=EPHPXYH6

Kind regards,

Revathi Durai
    Nokia Care
    Well fact is I already upgrded my phone to the latest firmware thanks to the new software released ny Nokia to help users upgrade their phones at home instead of going to a Care Center.

Please note, That they also sent a list of Official Nokia MMC's and their current price in Indian Rupees (Rs.), it was uptil 1GB. I don't think its much of importance, but if you want to know, please post here.
    Last edited by params7; 2006-09-06 at 17:43.