Discussion Board

Image Size for Capture Images

Hi,
    I'm using CCamera and PrepareImageCaptureL() for getting snapshots. My Problem is that I want to change the size of the image to capture. I DON'T want to change the size afterwards with resizing the image. PrepareImageCaptureL() offers the abbility to adjust the size but only in fixed steps. I'm working on a Nokia 6630 and the possible image size are 160x120, 640x480, and some larger sizes. Because of performance reasons I want something between, let's say 320x240. Is it possible and how to do that?!
    Thanks in advance,
    Tobias

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Image Size for Capture Images

You can only capture images in the predefined sizes that you get by calling EnumerateCaptureSizes(). If you need something else you need to scale the image. In your case this should not be a big preformance issue, since you want quarter VGA image and VGA is one of the supported image sizes. You just need a fast 1/4 downscaler which should not be too hard to write. Of course you can also use standard Symbian image scaler, but that migh not be as fast as you would want it to be...
    janza

Re: Image Size for Capture Images

Hi,
    that the facts I've expected. But thank you! I will downscale it manually.
    Cheers Tobias

Quote Originally Posted by janza
    You can only capture images in the predefined sizes that you get by calling EnumerateCaptureSizes(). If you need something else you need to scale the image. In your case this should not be a big preformance issue, since you want quarter VGA image and VGA is one of the supported image sizes. You just need a fast 1/4 downscaler which should not be too hard to write. Of course you can also use standard Symbian image scaler, but that migh not be as fast as you would want it to be...