Discussion Board

S60 3rd edition, compiling for target device

Hi,

I'm finaly installed the S60 3rd edition sdk over microsoft .NET and carbide, all run fine under the emulator, BUT, how to compile for the target device ?? , under a dos windows or in the microsoft .NET environment, I get always the same message : "Cannot determine the version of the RVCT Compiler", or it seems that the RVCT is part of CodeWarrior and I don't want to install this IDE ..., other, how is it possible to create the .sln, .vcproj, ... (in previous sdk, the "abld makefile vc6" was easy ...) ; is there any tutorial (step by step) available for microsoft .NET ???

thanks for any help,
    Domi.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FExplorer is my baby !

you can get the FREE version from www.gosymbian.com
    you can get the PRO version from http://store.ovi.com/content/339454

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: S30 3rd edition, compiling for target device

What have you exactly tried?
    Code:
    abld build gcce urel
    should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepy
    "Cannot determine the version of the RVCT Compiler"
    This is just a warning message.
    abld makefile ... (vc6 or vc7) will not work, the compatible IDEs (CodeWarrior, Carbide.c++, Carbide.vs - you probably need this one) can actually import inf and/or mmp files directly.

Super Contributor

Hi,

Surprisingly, Carbide.vs (which works with .NET 2003 - 2005 is not supported) comes with documentation :-). Look in the /doc folder under the installation dir, there is a GettingStarted...pdf.

More info can also be had here: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=75305

You do not need to do the dos window stuff, it works by "magic" with Carbide.vs.

Hi,

thanks for that !, I use carbide, it works fine, except when I try to compile for the traget device, here is what I get inside the Microsoft IDE :

------ Build started: Project: tst2, Configuration: Rel_S60_30_GCCE Win32 ------

Performing Makefile project actions
    * Current build configuration: GCCE UREL
    Converting multi-icons...
    File \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\tst2_reg.mif up-to-date, not rebuilt.
    * Creating makefile for platform GCCE
    epocroot =
    * d:\symbian\Carbide_vs\makmake.bat \nok_3rd\tst2\group\tst2 GCCE
    WARNING: Cannot determine the version of the RVCT Compiler.
    * Running build action: build
    epocroot =
    * d:\symbian\Carbide_vs\make.bat -f d:\nok_3rd\tst2\group\tst2.GCCE UREL
    perl -S epocrc.pl -m045,046,047 -I "..\data" -I "..\inc" -I- -I "..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\include" -I "..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant" -DLANGUAGE_SC -u "\nok_3rd\tst2\data\tst2.rss" -o\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\tst2.RSC -h"\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\BUILD\nok_3rd\tst2\group\tst2\GCCE\tst2.rsg" -t"\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\BUILD\nok_3rd\tst2\group\tst2\GCCE" -l"Z\resource\apps:\nok_3rd\tst2\group"
    Can't locate warnings.pm in @INC (@INC contains: d:/Symbian/Perl/lib d:/Symbian/Perl/site/lib .) at D:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\epoc32\tools/epocrc.pl line 8.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\epoc32\tools/epocrc.pl line 8.
    make: *** [\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\tst2.RSC] Error 2
    ERROR: RCMake failed: (Make): make command exited with result 2. (Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.)
    Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"

tst2 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I get a warning with the RVCT compiler (part of codewarrior ... strange) but it's not important but the system failed to locate "warnings.pm" ... what is this file and where must it be located ?

PS : I compile with the "Rel_S60_30_GCCE" configuration/Solution Config swith

can you help me ?
    Thanks so much in advance,
    Domi @ gosymbian.com
    Last edited by Jeepy; 2006-08-12 at 10:51.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FExplorer is my baby !

Super Contributor

As you have your project on the D-drive, is your SDK there as well?

Hi,

yeps, all is installed on drive "D:" but I have finally find the problem, it was due to the version of Perl !! (I used the same version of the previous versions of the SDK's) which is too old for the 3rd version !!

Great, I can start porting my FExplorer ....

Thanks for your help, very appreciated !
    Domi.
    FExplorer is my baby !