Discussion Board

NOKIA 6708 problem

Hello , I was wondering if anyone else was facing a problem with the NOKIA 6708 ? I had purchased this phone few weeks back , but the main problem is that my incoming and outgoing calls are getting disconnected with no reason.
    Some calls might get thru , some might get disconnected after 1 min , some after 8 mins..e.t.c.... there is no specific time for the calls to get disconnected. 8/10 calls will get disconnected.

Can someone tell me what seems to be the problem ?
    I took this new phone to NOKIA care and they replaced the phone with a brand new one and again i am having the same problem !!
    I have changed my sim twice ( hoping that now it might be something to do with sim compatibility). The third time the Nokia care even reinstalled the same software.
    Still i am having the problem !!

Can someone help me with this. Its is a nice phone that i dont feel like changing , but if this model does have a permanent glich then no use for me still hanging on to this phone !

Thanks in advance.

Super Contributor

Re: NOKIA 6708 problem

Hi vis! Welcome To Nokia Discussion Boards!!

Please note that this is Mobile Application Developer Discussion Boards, Nokia end user products support questions should be addressed at Nokia's online support sites http://www.nokia.com/support not here in Forum Nokia.
    Also there are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/. If you post your concerns there you may get a response from there.

Regards
    Gopal

Dear Gopal ,
    Thanks for the reply. I did send my mail to Nokia support. As usuall , there was no reply till now.
    So i thought i might ask someone who is using this phone and find out if anyone was facing the same problem.

Hi!

I have a problem with 6708 too. I tried to install a hungarian keyboard software and after the install the phone works no more. The device freezing during startup, I can see the blue NOKIA word all days long. I can't erase the memory, I can't do anything.

What can I do??????? I need my phone.
    I can't access technical help by NOKIA, because this model isn't on the market in Europe.

Nimrod

Super Contributor

Hope you have tried switching off the phone, removing the battery and SIM, reinserting them and restart the phone. Have you tried contacting a nearest Nokia care/service center? May be they could suggest some help. As I mentioned earlier, please try contacting the Nokia support team from the country where you brought the phone.

Regards
    Gopal

Hi!

Gopal, thanks for the suggestions. SIM in-out, switching the device in any status, I have tried all things, that man can try without the devices of a NOKIA service. I tried to make contact with the NOKIA support team in Hungary, but they were absolutly stupid. From China I have no answer became yet.

Is the 6708 user able to erase the memory of the phone? Which method uses the NOKIA repair team? Service cable? Spec software? I haven't any idea.

Regards, pnimrod

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by pnimrod
    Is the 6708 user able to erase the memory of the phone? Which method uses the NOKIA repair team? Service cable? Spec software? I haven't any idea.
    AFAIK, you cannot erase the memory of your device/ update a new phone software by your own. IMHO, updating the phone needs flasing device and the firmware is only provided to Nokia service centers by Nokia.

Hope you will get an answer from Nokia@China some time soon!

Have a nice week end!

Regards
    Gopal

Hello!

Gopal, a guy from India says, that I need a "non-standard flasher" to reflash the phone. What you think, is that flasher a software or I need a box?

Regards,

pnimrod