Discussion Board

Angry ${EPOCROOT} not recognized by makesis in the*.pgk file???

Well, I think the subj. explains the situation enough. Still, here is the situation:

PLATFORM:
    Windows XP SP2
    Carbide Express 1.0
    S60 SDK 2nd edition FP 3
    Workspace moved from "Documents and settings" to "E:\" due to the aif compile problem.

When I try to build the SIS file with the ARMI release, everything is compiled fine until the end, when makesis does not find the files associated in the *.pkg file. Here the error message:

Processing sis/HelloWorld.pkg...
    sis/HelloWorld.pkg(20) : error: file not found
    make: *** [E:/Symbian/Workspace/HelloWorld/sis/HelloWorld.sis] Error 1
    make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

Here the content of the *.pkg file:

; Four files to install
    ; Symbols set up for the source location are Carbide.c++ specific symbols
    "$(EPOCROOT)\epoc32\release\$(PLATFORM)\$(TARGET)\HelloWorld.app" -"!:\system\apps\HelloWorld\HelloWorld.app"
    "$(EPOCROOT)\epoc32\data\z\system\apps\HelloWorld\HelloWorld.rsc" -"!:\system\apps\HelloWorld\HelloWorld.rsc"
    "$(EPOCROOT)\epoc32\data\z\system\apps\HelloWorld\HelloWorld_caption.rsc" -"!:\system\apps\HelloWorld\HelloWorld_caption.rsc"
    "$(EPOCROOT)\epoc32\data\z\system\apps\HelloWorld\HelloWorld.aif" -"!:\system\apps\HelloWorld\HelloWorld.aif"

And this is the value of EPOCROOT:

EPOCROOT=C:\Symbian\8.1a\S60_2nd_FP3\

Which is correct since everything else is compiled fine.

Itried in the project properties to override the value, adding a backslash, but it didn't fix the problem. As only workaround I have for the moment to manually modify the *.pkg file, substituting "${EPOCROOT}" with the corresponding directory (which is pretty boring, but it works).

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Re: ${EPOCROOT} not recognized by makesis in the*.pgk file???

Ok, I found the problem. Since I moved the workspace to a different drive, the $(EPOCROOT) variable was not recognized by makesis anymore. I moved the workspace to the C: disk and the problem has been fixed. I think that something like that has to be fixed anyhow. My apologies if this was already published somewhere. I could not find it.

I have the same problem, but my workspace is in C and it doesn't have any spaces.
    it says file not found.I copied appName.app to ..\ARMI\UREL and when i build , it deletes the .app and then it gives error: 'file not found' . is it a joke??

Beware that the workspace and the SDK (and I believe Carbide c++ as well) must be all in the same drive, not just in drive C:. If you have the SDK in drive E: it should not compile.

Also check that it is not just a compiler error in some module. The .app file is created by the linker. I don't understand how you can copy&paste it... it wouldn't work anyhow.

Remember that Perl must be installed. Then, if it still doesn't work, try to give us more info. For example in the console when building the .app file of an application of mine I get these messages (building with the debug option):

'Building target: C:/Symbian/8.1a/S60_2nd_FP3/epoc32/release/WINSCW/UDEB/Z/system/apps/Sveglia/Sveglia.app'
    'Invoking: WINSCW C/C++ Linker'
    mwldsym2.exe -sym full -subsystem windows -msgstyle parseable -nowraplines -nodefaultlibs -shared -export dllexport -stdlib -m=?_E32Dll@@YGHPAXI0@Z -L"C:\Symbian\8.1a\S60_2nd_FP3\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb" -o "C:/Symbian/8.1a/S60_2nd_FP3/epoc32/release/WINSCW/UDEB/Z/system/apps/Sveglia/Sveglia.app" -search ./src/SvegliaApp.o ./src/SvegliaAppUi.o ./src/SvegliaDialog.o ./src/SvegliaDocument.o ./src/SvegliaEngine.o ./.generated/winscw_uid.o -ledll.lib -lAlarmClient.lib -lcommonui.lib -leuser.lib -lapparc.lib -lcone.lib -leikcore.lib -lavkon.lib -leikcoctl.lib -leikdlg.lib
    'Finished building target: C:/Symbian/8.1a/S60_2nd_FP3/epoc32/release/WINSCW/UDEB/Z/system/apps/Sveglia/Sveglia.app'

Ciao,
    Michele

'm working with Carbide C++.
    I've imported a project using Import->mmp File. Good notice here that the sis folder containing the .pkg file is not imported, so I've simply drag-and-drop it in the working space. Then, rebuild the project and still, any changes I've made to the code are not seen.

If I don't drag-and-drop the .pkg file , then no .pkg file is created...so, no .sis file.

So, has anything to do with the Crabide or I don't import the project in the right manner...

Please let me know if u have any advices...
    Thanks a lot!

Hi Adina,
    check http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=87390. Since I wasted a lot of time in problems like this I made a little check list. I had the same question and the answer to your question is there as well.

Anyhow, no, you're doing right. the sis directory does not get included automatically.

Ciao,
    Michele

Super Contributor

Not sure from your description what is the problem but note that some resource and other modifications do not trigger the conditional building stuff and Carbide will think that the build is up-to-date. To force a full build, use Rebuild.