Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Unable To Play a Video File In symbian 9.1 device

Hi guys
    I am unable to play a video file in 3GP format for symbian 9.1 devices
    I am trying to play the video through an xml file , but it doesnt play
    I tried changing the attributes of the video in the xml file by increasing the height and width , but of no use

But if I play the video directly by copying it to the directories and directly opening up the media, it plays

Can anyone help me out in this?

Super Contributor

Re: Unable To Play a Video File In symbian 9.1 device

Maybe you should explain what you mean with "through an xml file", first?

Also, what is in the XML file? How do you process it? What happens when you try ("doesnt play" isn't very descriptive, you know)? What error messages are displayed?

In any case, if I make some assumptions: You're actually trying to download it from a web or WAP page. If so, the most likely reason for failure is an incorrectly configured web/WAP server (that does not send the correct MIME type in the HTTP headers for the file format in question).

If that's not the case, then answers to the above questions would be helpful.

Regular Contributor

Hi
    The xml file that plays the video is below

<page bgimage="/CA/background.png" scrollable="false" w="#=global.variantscreenwidth#" h="#=global.variantscreenheight#">
    #+/CA/signals.xml# #+/CA/base.xml#
    <image name="contentBg" src="/CA/contentBg.png" x="34" y="35"/>
    <image src="/CA/images/titleBg.png" x="#document.write(global.variantscreenwidth - 18);#" y="53"/>

<label text="source=video.3gp" y="145" h="100" x="175" w="170" textcolor="##979597" visible="y" align="left" wrap="no"/> <skmediacontrols:video name="video" bordercolor="##666666" selectedbordercolor="##CCCCCC" x="20" y="60" h="30" w="40" icon="/CA/images/video.png?w=80&h=70" selectedicon="/CA/images/video.png?w=80&h=70" src="/CA/video.3gp" loop="yes" autostart="yes" starttime="30" endtime="40" volume="20" balance="0" rotation="00" quality="low"/>
    <label text="Video" direction="down" y="65" h="86" x="#document.write(global.variantscreenwidth - 17);#" w="15" textcolor="##FFFFFF"/>

</page>

here I need to play the file "video.3pg" , the problem that occurs is when i reach the path to "video.3pg", the application should invoke realplayer to play the video file , but that doesnt happen

Quote Originally Posted by petrib
    Maybe you should explain what you mean with "through an xml file", first?

Also, what is in the XML file? How do you process it? What happens when you try ("doesnt play" isn't very descriptive, you know)? What error messages are displayed?

In any case, if I make some assumptions: You're actually trying to download it from a web or WAP page. If so, the most likely reason for failure is an incorrectly configured web/WAP server (that does not send the correct MIME type in the HTTP headers for the file format in question).

If that's not the case, then answers to the above questions would be helpful.

Super Contributor

Which "the application"? The browser ("Services" or "Web", if on an S60 3rd Ed. device)? Some other application? If some other, how is it or should it invoke RealPlayer?