Discussion Board

Carbide and Nokia problem!!!

Hi,

I'm new in developing applications for mobile phones under Symbian OS. I'm using for that Carbide C++,SDK 3rd v9.1 and mobile phone Nokia N80-Symbian OS 9.1. My problem is that when I want to install any application as sis file I get such short error notice and after that the installation is over:"Certificate may not yet be valid,is expired or phone's date setting may not be correct",the date on mobile phone is correct, I have got the certificate from nokia and key...when I build application..in properties in GCCE Realese, where build sis option is, I include those two files :BCSphone.cer and BCSphone.key..ooo and I choose S60 3.x GUI Application when constructing project...

My question is what I'm doing now wrong???...I because even example code doesn't want to install I mean "HelloCarbide" without including cer and key...on N80...

Maybe in some way I wrongly construct the application.

Or maybe sholud be that the name of my application should be the same as the name of certificate and key???

Thanks for help

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Carbide and Nokia problem!!!

You can find more details here: http://mobile.antonypranata.com/2006/06/.

Please do not post the same question in several forums.

Daniel

Re: Carbide and Nokia problem!!!

Hi,

Thanks but that doesn't solve my problem at all...

I can't install any qapplication on N80..no matter what if I use example code from Carbide...without any interaction into the code from Carbide:/

and as far for severals forum I did it because I didn't know to which area topic my problem fits the best..because chosen forums have common area for which my problem suites the best...I don't konw it this is a problem of Nokia phone with Symbian??

I got certificate and key I can't sign my application before testing it on the phone if it works...:/

Magrip