Discussion Board

N80 HANGS while sending sms

i recently got a nokia n80. i love the phone, its almost perfect for me except when i use the sms which i do very often. when i send messages, the phone would take approximately a minute to send the message, and to make matters worst, i cant use it while it is sending the message. it would be on a hang mode.
    i really need help on this. i love the phone, but would consider letting go if i cant find a solution for it

Super Contributor

Re: N80 HANGS while sending sms

Is this happening only in your N80 ? Have you tried in a different device with a same SIM? Also just make sure that you have enough memeory free. Please make sure that this is not happening due to some network problem.

Have you tried reseting the device to Factory settings?

BTW, Please note that this is Mobile Application Developer Discussion Boards, Nokia end user products support questions should be addressed at Nokia's online support sites http://www.nokia.com/support not here in Forum Nokia.
    Also there are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/. If you post your concerns there you may get a response from there.

Regards
    Gopal

Re: N80 HANGS while sending sms

I experience the same problem too, in 3250. The duration of the freeze corresponds to how many sms i have sent previously. Clearing up the inbox and sent and log doesn't help. The only way to fix it is to reset the phone. Anybody experience the same problem?