Discussion Board

Nokia 6280 Root certificates

Please, help me with the list of root certificate in Nokia 6280.
    I have only:
    - Baltimore (1 cert)
    - GTE Cybertrust (2 cert)
    - Entrust.net (2 cert)
    - Nokia Content signing (1 cert)
    - RSA Data Security (2 cert)

I think, that my mobile provider removed Verisign and Thawte certificates.
    May be someone has Versign and Thawte in Nokia 6280?

If it's possible, please, publish all certificate that You have.

Super Contributor

Re: Nokia 6280 Root certificates

I have the same set of certifcates on the phone which has firmware version 5.53.

Hartti

I too observed that the root certificates in Nokia 6280 does not have Verisign. I have downloaded some of the root certificates from www.verisign.com/support/roots.html . But when i try to install those certificates it says certificate corrupted.

Super Contributor

You cannot install the certificates on the phone after manufacturing.

Apparently this model (at least some of the regional versions) were sold without certain certificates

Hartti

khan_muqeetkhan, you have to download the certificates (the .cer/.509 ones) from a server via the internal Web browser. The MIME media file type on your server should be set correctly (application/x-x509-ca-cert). Then it was possible on all my Nokia phones to install additional certificates. However, (this is what Hartti means actually) you cannot use them for Java code signing, just for TLS/SSL Internet connections.

However, you should consider to change your current root certificate to match one of those in your Nokia.

I have tried installing the certificates in both ways via internal Web browser and through bluetooth. I configured server for the given mime-type. Do you think i should try with some other root certificate at server side to match the available ones in nokia phone ? The current certificate is taken from VeriSign as a trial one and it might be using the latest algorithm, so if we want to have a certificate with an older algorithm it might not be easy.

I was able to install the trial VeriSign certificate on to the phone but installing a VeriSign root certificate gives error 'Certificate Authority Corrupted'. Even though i can see my certificate in the Certificate List when connecting through the browser it says 'Secure Connection not available'. And as Traud said the way to install certificate is through the internal web browser.

kudos !!! it worked on 6280. Problem was with the trial VeriSign certificate which was almost like the self CA so moved to GlobalSign (another CA) whose certificate was much better since it did not showed user that the site you are visiting contains unsecure data (in the browser). The phone did not had GlobalSign root certificate and installing the root certificate worked. Anyways two things to be considered firstly the phone implements MIDP2 and next is phone supports installing certificates (some phones does not support like the series 40).

/Muqeet

what about firmware update, using nokia software updater? Will this install new certifcate?
    Salam
    http://kotasim.blogspot.com

Super Contributor

what about firmware update, using nokia software updater? Will this install new certifcate?
    Nope.

Hartti