Discussion Board

Problem with N70 - not starting

I've had the N70 since May and not really faced any problems. Last night onwards, the phone has started acting up... When I turn it on, I'm able to view the opening screen / anything else for 10-15 seconds, after which the screen starts blinking for a minute or so and then gradually fades out... I'm unable to re-start the phone for atleast 30-45 minutes after that..
    I tried to switch it on after taking out the battery and putting it back in, removing the sim card, then the memory card (512MB), but nothing works... It refuses to come on.. My bluetooth is always off and the battery was fully charged. Using *#0000# threw up this: V 5.0609.2.0.1 - 01-03-06 RM-84

Would be great if anyone knows what can be done... Have just joined this forum.. apologies if this has not been posted where it should be..

Super Contributor

Re: Problem with N70 - not starting

If the phone can´t even boot up it is hard to do anything else then take the phone to an authorized Nokia servicepoint.

If you are able to start the phone up you can try to flash new FW to the phone by downloading the Nokia Software Update application from following link: www.nokia.co.uk/softwareupdate

thanks for your reply... the phone boots up... even now it's working fine.. this happens all of a sudden for a few hrs... I've also noticed that I am unable to view the manager (install applications) or access the web... pressing the icon just gets me back to the opening screen.. I can view the installed applications thru FExplorer, however...

I FACED SAME PROBLEM LIKE U BRO PLS HELP ANY WHO CAN SOLVE THIS PROBLEM IT WILL BE GREAT FULL THANKS....

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

This is not the proper forum for Nokia product support.

This discussion board is only for Developers support, not for Nokia products or end user application support. There are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/. If you post your question there you may get a response.

But realistically if you want to make this known and have it addressed then the products support messages should be addressed at Nokia's online support sites http://www.nokia.com/support not here in Forum Nokia.

Ron