Discussion Board

SMS-CB data download

hi,

I broadcasted some message through a CBS(Cell broadcast server). The identifier of the message is 0x1017. I hope the Me with STK can delivers the message to the STK with an ENVELOP. Of course, CBMID of STK has the identifier-0x1017. The STK is Gemplus's. I did some test, ME of Motorola's, Simiens's, Erricson's do well, but all of Nokia's failed. Can you tell me why? How do I do?

Regards,

Feng

RE: SMS-CB data download

Hi Feng.
    I have some past experience with CBSs, but I have some questions:
    What are you expecting the ME to do?
    How are the NOKIAa behaving different fromthe others ? Do you have a STK application on the Gemplus's SIM you are using? Is it a newer Gemplus or an older one ? If there is no application or a wrongfully configured application then the SMS-CB can be lost...
    Jason.

hi

what experience do you have with cbs ?

i try to receive channel 50 of the cbsserver but it is not possible todo it directly as i am not aware of the protocoll. so i use the viewlist file the cbs.app uses. i am able to turn on and off the cbs retrieving via communication with cbsserver though. but accessing the viewlist file directly ends in "in use". copying it resets the original file ! i tried all cbsserver messages concerning message file (viewlist) but no success. the file stays in use !

so how to access the original file ?

ciao