Discussion Board

Red face File Connection security issue

Hi guys,
    I am doing a project that require accessing file system of Nokia 6230i. The program works fine in Nokia 6230i emulator by configuring the security level as trusted. But when I move to real phone, I just don't know how to configure the application security domain, that makes my program always be blocked, something like security deny access... Can anybody tell me how to go around this problem? much appreciate to any help.

Super Contributor

Re: File Connection security issue

When ever you are trying to access the FileSystem, one perission message will be asked, Allow the permission message, so that you can gain access. To remove this security messages you have Sign your application.

Also if I remember it correctly go to your application through phone menu, and then: Options->Application Access->Phones Access->Add and Edit Data, and select the desired option.

Regards
    Gopal

Quote Originally Posted by balagopalks
    When ever you are trying to access the FileSystem, one perission message will be asked, Allow the permission message, so that you can gain access. To remove this security messages you have Sign your application.

Also if I remember it correctly go to your application through phone menu, and then: Options->Application Access->Phones Access->Add and Edit Data, and select the desired option.

Regards
    Gopal
    The problem is, there's no permission message popping up at all, instead it simply displays a security exception message says deny access.. such like that. Anyway I will check the configuration again later. Thanks for ur help!~

Nokia Developer Champion

Is your phone a customized version for an operator? If yes, which? Some operators have restricted the untrusted security domain not to allow access to certain APIs

Hartti