Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Exclamation Carbide c++ crash on debug restart

This is the first Carbide error ,debug error, I had. This may help those new to carbide. Its not a big problem.

I was in emulator and restrarted carbide and got this error whilst in emulator debug.

Unable to create this part due to an internal error. Reason for the failure: No input factory ID found for editor id=org.eclipse.cdt.ui.editor.CEditor name=BluetoothPMPExampleAppUi.cpp
    The following dump details were given

PHP Code:
    org.eclipse.ui.PartInitExceptionNo input factory ID found for editor id=org.eclipse.cdt.ui.editor.CEditor name=BluetoothPMPExampleAppUi.cpp
        at org
    .eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getRestoredInput(EditorReference.java:309)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditorInput(EditorReference.java:288)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:546)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:384)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:552)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:223)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.makeActiveEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:1115)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.updateActivePart(WorkbenchPage.java:1073)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.handleDeferredEvents(WorkbenchPage.java:1261)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.deferUpdates(WorkbenchPage.java:1250)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.restoreState(WorkbenchPage.java:2696)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.restoreState(WorkbenchWindow.java:1819)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.doRestoreState(Workbench.java:2566)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$14(Workbench.java:2515)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$19.run(Workbench.java:1514)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$16.run(Workbench.java:1263)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:346)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:291)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:447)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runStartupWithProgress(Workbench.java:1258)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.java:1512)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$12(Workbench.java:1491)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$17.run(Workbench.java:1374)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1044)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:783)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.java:1318)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.restoreState(WorkbenchConfigurer.java:183)

at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:700)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1034)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1636)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948
    The fix was to close the project and exit carbide for orderly shutdown in after selecting Symbian view. The restart was sucessfull

Looking at the computer log I found the last action was to standby suspend and due to battery failure a full restart took place.

This basically says to me "Dont suspend/standby PC whilst in Carbide perspective debug mode".
    Thanks
    Jim
    Last edited by jimgilmour1; 2006-08-29 at 09:07.

Super Contributor

Re: Carbide c++ crash on debug restart

Just out of curiosity, why does this appear to you as a Carbide debug error? Just asking as the code trace never seems to "touch" any entity involved with debug nor with Carbide?

Just as a general guideline, Carbide at this time does not support debug where you attach to something running so to work with debug you should start the debugger from Carbide.

Super Contributor

Re: Carbide c++ crash on debug restart

Hi Mitts,
    I was debugging a new version of "BluetoothPMPExampleAppUi.cpp" when I suspended my PC/laptop as this was I thought the quickest way to come back to job.
    I was in the debug which I started from inside Carbide and hit a breakpoint at the line
    " if (aResourceId == R_BLUETOOTHPMPEXAMPLE_MENU)"

Then I had to go away for a while so I suspended/standby (XP SP2) the laptop and when I came back to continue the error occured. I dont see it as a major problem its just that I have been used to, simpler(Office) programs restarting.
    Its failure is in eclipse code rather than Nokia written code so its probably a "generic" error of eclipse

Hope this helps,
    Jim
    Last edited by jimgilmour1; 2006-08-29 at 11:07.