Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Post Problem with SDK detections

Hi

Actually i installed Series60 SDK 3 then Carbide c++Express edition, When i started that appliction and Go for GUI Hello World Application , it didnt detect any SDK ,at same time if i click on BAsic Static Library it detects the SDK. Whats the problem ? Any problem with installation or any other thing . Please help me .

I Installed in this manner

Active Perl->Series60 SDK ->Carbide c++

Thank you

Re: Problem with SDK detections

I would be happy to know too where the carbide (Carbide.vs 2.0.1) save/find the information about the installed sdk !
    on a pc, I had all installed on the D: drive, I have now, *completely* de-installed all (perl/carbide/sdk) and re-install all on the C: drive, carbide (which has been re-installed) find always the the sdk is located on the D: !!!

PS: devices.xml contains the correct drive/path (ie C:..)

any help ?
    Tkx,
    Domi.
    Last edited by Jeepy; 2006-08-29 at 22:41.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FExplorer is my baby !

you can get the FREE version from www.gosymbian.com
    you can get the PRO version from http://store.ovi.com/content/339454

Super Contributor

chirac_sel: If the SKD does not show up you most likely:
    a) have a WINS SDK instead of WINSCW (CodeWarrior) SDK - to fix download the correct version
    b) have a non-English version of Windows - to fix make a copy of devices.xml in a directory called C:/Program Files/Common Files/Symbian

Jeepy: First of all, you will have a higher likelihood of getting an answer if you do not post unrelated issues in a previous thread.

If you change the SDK location when using Carbide, you need to:
    1) Re-enable the SDK - from Carbide's perspective it is a new SDK, we cannot really guess that you have moved it. This is best done in the Enable/Disable SDK view. One gotcha, you cannot disable all SDKs so if you just have one installed, you will need to resort to the brute force method which is locating the file where Carbide remembers your SDK settings. This is something like C:\Documents and Settings\YourHomeDir\Carbide_vs\properties.xml. Just delete the file and next time you start Carbide you will be prompted to select the SDKs.

2) The previous fix only applied to getting Carbide to do the right thing for new projects. The build configs of existing projects are set up with some SDk specific information and also need to be fixed. To fix these, the easiest way is to deselect and then reselect the SDKs for the project. This will recreate the build configs for your (new) SDKs. Note however that manual settings that you have done are lost..

Again, if you have just one SDK, there is a problem as you cannot remove all SDKs. In this case the brute force method is simply to go into your Carbide project properties and locate the Preferences for the SDK and edit the values. You need to edit the Debugging, C++ and Linker settings.

Regular Contributor

Post Re: Problem with SDK detections

I do . But still problem is same even i reinstall everything but still same problem.I think problem with SDK. Any body suggest me link from where i can download error free sdk.

Chirag

Here is what I have done to make it work (very strange .....)

1) exit VS .NET
    2) in an editor, I have modify the content of the files :
    c:\program files\common files\symbian\devices.xml
    c:\program files\common files\symbian\installed2.xml
    3) changed the name of the corresponding "SDK Descriptors"
    ex: c:\program files\common files\symbian\SDK Descriptors\Nokia\s60_3rd_v2.xml >>> c:\program files\common files\symbian\SDK Descriptors\Nokia\s60_3rd_v2xxx.xml
    4) run VS .NET again , you get an error into the sdk enable/disable under Carbide
    5) exit VS .NET
    6) change all the files and filename to their original state or add new sdk into the .xml files
    7) run VS .NET again, the changes have taken effect !!!

very strange, it seems that carbide keeps the settings somewhere else if the content of the files are not modified ....

Domi.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FExplorer is my baby !

Super Contributor

Wow, now a more complicated approach to this is hard to imagine.. Others, pls do not follow those steps! Also those steps do not "fix" projects that have already been created..

Yes, Carbide does keep in memory the SDK settings, as I said, the main way to refresh these is to disable and then re-enable the SDK in the SDK Configuration Manager.. Only issue is when there are just 1 SDK installed (or selectable for a project)..

this works for me !! I had tried to disable and re-enable without success !!! but I use Carbide.vs 2.0.1 !!! not carbide.c++ !!!, maybe the problem is there ...

Domi.
    FExplorer is my baby !

Regular Contributor

Post Re: Problem with SDK detections

Ok it s working now

Thank you all

Chirag