Discussion Board

Question GSM interference sound in my Nokia 6630 speaker

I just bought a new Nokia 6630. However, I noticed a problem. I suppose you are familiar with the noise that comes from a radio when you hold you GSM next to it when on a call(the buzzing, interference sound). Well, I can barely hear it on the Nokia when talking. It is not very loud, but I can definitely hear it. It disappears when on the loudspeaker or handsfree. Any ideas what might be causing it? I mean, the phone is brand new. Is it a hardware fault or it is something normal? I think I've heard it on other phones, but the speaker, by assumption, should be shielded... I know it is the radio transmitter interfering with the audio amplifier/spekaer, but I am wondering what the reason for this might be? Do you think I should replace the phone? Is this present on all 6630s?

Super Contributor

Re: GSM interference sound in my Nokia 6630 speaker

Hi petar_! Welcome to Nokia Discussion Boards!!

Please make sure that some other instrument is not causing this disturbance for your 6630. Its not a normal situation. Please try with a different SIM may be from a different operator. Also please try using your 6630 in an open place. If still problem persists, please contact your nearest Nokia care/service center.

Please note that this is Mobile Application Developer Discussion Boards, Nokia end user products support questions should be addressed at Nokia's online support sites http://www.nokia.com/support not here in Forum Nokia.
    Also there are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/. If you post your concerns there you may get a response from there.

Regards
    Gopal