Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Carbide not creating SIS file -- "Could Not Find ...\HelloCarbide.o"

Newbie here. Creating my first HelloCarbide app following the instructions to the T. I've installed Carbide.c++ Express 1.0, ActivePearl 5.6 and SDK for S60 3rd Edition.

I am able to build and debug my project in the "S60 3.0 Emulator Debug" configuration, but when I switch to "S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release" and build, I get an error saying some files are not found in my src directory. Indeed, they aren't there, but isn't it Carbide's job to copy them when I picked the build configuration?

A fragment of the log generated by the build follows.

Please advise. Thanks!

Code:
    **** Full rebuild of configuration S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release for project HelloCarbide ****

make -k clean all 
    del /s/q  .\src\HelloCarbide.o .\src\HelloCarbideAppUi.o .\src\HelloCarbideAppView.o .\src\HelloCarbideApplication.o .\src\HelloCarbideDocument.o  \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\HelloCarbide.mif  C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\sis\HelloCarbide.sis  C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\HelloCarbide.rsc C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\private\10003a3f\apps\HelloCarbide_reg.rsc  C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\release\GCCE\UREL\HelloCarbide.exe
    Could Not Find C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release\src\HelloCarbide.o
    Deleted file - C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\HelloCarbide.mif
    Could Not Find C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\sis\HelloCarbide.sis
    Could Not Find C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\HelloCarbide.rsc
    Could Not Find C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\private\10003a3f\apps\HelloCarbide_reg.rsc
    Could Not Find C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\release\GCCE\UREL\HelloCarbide.exe

Unhappy BUMP

Anybody please?

Re: Carbide not creating SIS file -- "Could Not Find ...\HelloCarbide.o"

Hi Razor1973,
    I think there's some error in your code but the carbide did not prompt the compile error properly. I believe there's error in your HelloCarbideAppView class, so carbide can't compile that class and other generated files too.

If you generate the application using the wizard and modified it, I think you should do these:
    - have you include required header file in HelloCarbideAppView.h or .cpp file?
    - have you add required library in the GCCE platform as in the WINSCW/Emulator? in GCCE, the library extension is .dso instead of .lib
    - have you add new resource(s) in your .rss file? if yes, please verify that it's error free.

best regards,
    Ronald Stevanus

Super Contributor

Well, those are just from the initial clean so if this is the first build, then there should be nothing there to clean..

So in case this is your only issue there seems to be no issue..

ronald29, I am not sure this applies to my case, as I simply added a new project and built without making any changes, as mitts says. In debug mode, it builds fine and I can debug. However, when I switch to release mode and build, I am missing those files in the src directory. They exist in the src directory of the debug folder, though, just not in the same directory of the release folder.

What should I do? I still cannot create my sis file. I am getting frustrated.

And thanks for your input!

Super Contributor

Well, if you still do not get the .sis file
    - check you have a .pkg file, if you don't Carbide will not even try to make a sis
    - if you have a .pkg file, locate the real error in the build output and post it here

Quote Originally Posted by mitts
    Well, if you still do not get the .sis file
    - check you have a .pkg file, if you don't Carbide will not even try to make a sis
    - if you have a .pkg file, locate the real error in the build output and post it here
    mitts, I've been checking my account for updates on my subscription for 2 days, all day long. For some reason, it didn't notify me of your post. I just happened to come into the thread again and here it was.

#1, Yes, Carbide created the .pkg file under the sis folder.
    #2, Isn't the build output in my original post the one you're referring to?
    #3, Thanks for staying on top of this!

Super Contributor

The part of the build log that you posted is the first clean step which really is orf no consequence. There should be quite a lot of stuff in the log after that (where you have ...), this is where the issue lurks..

mitts, did you see that section in the code I initially posted that says "Could Not Find C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release\src\HelloCarbide.o"?

I post the entire build log, though, but I need to do it in 2 different posts, as the length is longer than the maximum allowed post length.

Part 1:

Code:
    **** Full rebuild of configuration S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release for project HelloCarbide ****

make -k clean all 
    del /s/q  .\src\HelloCarbide.o .\src\HelloCarbideAppUi.o .\src\HelloCarbideAppView.o .\src\HelloCarbideApplication.o .\src\HelloCarbideDocument.o  \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\HelloCarbide.mif  C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\sis\HelloCarbide.sis  C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\HelloCarbide.rsc C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\private\10003a3f\apps\HelloCarbide_reg.rsc  C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\release\GCCE\UREL\HelloCarbide.exe
    Could Not Find C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release\src\HelloCarbide.o
    Deleted file - C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\HelloCarbide.mif
    Could Not Find C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\sis\HelloCarbide.sis
    Could Not Find C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\HelloCarbide.rsc
    Could Not Find C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\private\10003a3f\apps\HelloCarbide_reg.rsc
    Could Not Find C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\release\GCCE\UREL\HelloCarbide.exe
    ' '
    'Building file: ../gfx/HelloCarbide.mifdef'
    'Invoking: MIF Compiler'
    perl -S epocmifdef.pl  -p"C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\" -hC:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\include\HelloCarbide.mbg -o"/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd/EPOC32/DATA/Z/resource/apps/HelloCarbide.mif" ../gfx/HelloCarbide.mifdef
    Reading source list file: ../gfx/HelloCarbide.mifdef.txt
    Checking: C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\gfx\qgn_menu_HelloCarbide.svg
    Choosing...
    Loading mif icons...
    Loading file: C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\gfx\qgn_menu_HelloCarbide.svg
    Writing mif: /Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd/EPOC32/DATA/Z/resource/apps/HelloCarbide.mif
    Writing mbg...C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\include\HelloCarbide.mbg
    'Finished building: ../gfx/HelloCarbide.mifdef'
    ' '
    'Building file: ../data/HelloCarbide.rss'
    'Invoking: Resource Compiler'
    perl.exe -S epocrc.pl -u -DLANGUAGE_sc -I"C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\inc" -I"C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\data" -I- -I"C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include" -I"C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant" -I"" -o"C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd/EPOC32/DATA/Z/resource/apps/HelloCarbide.rsc" -hC:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\include\HelloCarbide.rsg ../data/HelloCarbide.rss

..\data\HelloCarbide.rss(127) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'view_list'
    C:\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh(220) : Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AVKON_LIST_HEADING_PANE
    C:\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh(683) : Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AVKON_SOFTKEYS_OK_CANCEL
    C:\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh(693) : Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AVKON_SOFTKEYS_OK_CANCEL
    C:\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh(823) : Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AKN_SELECTION_LIST_DIALOG
    'Finished building: ../data/HelloCarbide.rss'
    ' '
    'Building file: ../data/HelloCarbide_reg.rss'
    'Invoking: Resource Compiler'
    perl.exe -S epocrc.pl -u -DLANGUAGE_sc -I"C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\inc" -I"C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\data" -I- -I"C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include" -I"C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant" -I"" -o"C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd/EPOC32/DATA/Z/private/10003a3f/apps/HelloCarbide_reg.rsc" -hC:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\include\HelloCarbide_reg.rsg ../data/HelloCarbide_reg.rss

..\data\HelloCarbide_reg.rss(24) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'datatype_list'
    ..\data\HelloCarbide_reg.rss(24) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'file_ownership_list'
    ..\data\HelloCarbide_reg.rss(24) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'service_list'
    'Finished building: ../data/HelloCarbide_reg.rss'
    ' '
    'Building file: ../src/HelloCarbide.cpp'
    'Invoking: GCCE Compiler'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\data" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant" -I "" -o src/HelloCarbide.o ../src/HelloCarbide.cpp
    process_begin: CreateProcess((null), arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__=C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh -include C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\inc -I C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\data -I C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include -I C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant -I "" -o src/HelloCarbide.o ../src/HelloCarbide.cpp, ...) failed.
    make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

Part 2:

Code:
    make: *** [src/HelloCarbide.o] Error 2
    'Building file: ../src/HelloCarbideAppUi.cpp'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\data" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant" -I "" -o src/HelloCarbideAppUi.o ../src/HelloCarbideAppUi.cpp
    process_begin: CreateProcess((null), arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__=C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh -include C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\inc -I C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\data -I C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include -I C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant -I "" -o src/HelloCarbideAppUi.o ../src/HelloCarbideAppUi.cpp, ...) failed.

make: *** [src/HelloCarbideAppUi.o] Error 2
    'Building file: ../src/HelloCarbideAppView.cpp'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\data" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant" -I "" -o src/HelloCarbideAppView.o ../src/HelloCarbideAppView.cpp
    process_begin: CreateProcess((null), arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__=C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh -include C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\inc -I C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\data -I C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include -I C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant -I "" -o src/HelloCarbideAppView.o ../src/HelloCarbideAppView.cpp, ...) failed.

make: *** [src/HelloCarbideAppView.o] Error 2
    'Building file: ../src/HelloCarbideApplication.cpp'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\data" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant" -I "" -o src/HelloCarbideApplication.o ../src/HelloCarbideApplication.cpp
    process_begin: CreateProcess((null), arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__=C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh -include C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\inc -I C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\data -I C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include -I C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant -I "" -o src/HelloCarbideApplication.o ../src/HelloCarbideApplication.cpp, ...) failed.

make: *** [src/HelloCarbideApplication.o] Error 2
    'Building file: ../src/HelloCarbideDocument.cpp'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\data" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant" -I "" -o src/HelloCarbideDocument.o ../src/HelloCarbideDocument.cpp
    process_begin: CreateProcess((null), arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__=C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh -include C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\inc -I C:\Symbian\Development\HelloCarbide\data -I C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include -I C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant -I "" -o src/HelloCarbideDocument.o ../src/HelloCarbideDocument.cpp, ...) failed.

make: *** [src/HelloCarbideDocument.o] Error 2
    'Building file: sis/HelloCarbide.pkg'
    'Invoking: CreateSis (Installation File Generator)'
    createsis create -pass DefaultPassword "sis/HelloCarbide.pkg" C:/Symbian/Development/HelloCarbide/sis/HelloCarbide.sis
    Processing sis/HelloCarbide.pkg...
    sis/HelloCarbide.pkg(21) : error: file I/O fault.
    ERROR! Failed at makesis "sis/HelloCarbide.pkg"
    make: *** [C:/Symbian/Development/HelloCarbide/sis/HelloCarbide.sis] Error 1
    make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
    Build complete for project HelloCarbide

Super Contributor

Yes, I saw it and it held no useful information, the real information is in the rest of the log that you have now posted...

As you can see if you study the build log, every single compilation fails. Now the most probable cause for this is that you have not installed all pre-requisite software. Possibly you have not installed the arm toolchain, check S60 3.0 documentation for installation details.

Heh! Well, I installed ActivePearl, the correct SDK and Carbide.c++, which asks if you want to also install the ARM toolchain towards the end of the process (or was that the SDK that asks?).

I did install it then, but I assumed this had something to do with programming for the ARM processors (not in our Nokias) and, since there is no mention of this part in the installation guide (I searched for it when the prompt came up and nothing), I uninstalled it.

I will re-install it once I get home and try again and report.

Thanks a lot!

Super Contributor

Well, I don't know what you have done to your Nokia devices, the rest of our's contain an ARM processor.. :-)

When you use an SDK, all instructions in the SDK for installation and other stuff apply so to get the full picture you must read and follow not only the Carbide but also the SDK documentation.

Quote Originally Posted by mitts
    Well, I don't know what you have done to your Nokia devices, the rest of our's contain an ARM processor.. :-)
    Oh! Ha! I had no idea! They do?!!?! ARM as in the same processor that's in many Pocket PC's? Oh, wow!

I didn't have a chance to test this when I got home last night. I left the office very late. As soon as I have a chance, I will reinstall everything (including support for the almighty processor) and start from scratch.

Thanks a bunch once again!

Smile Re: Carbide not creating SIS file -- "Could Not Find ...\HelloCarbide.o"

Hi
    I know its a long time....but was curious if you sorted out the problem!!

cheers
    Neil