I am trying to compile the semacode Reader source files with the Reader SDK to get in touch with the example code provided. Unfortunately the compiled code doesn't seem to work, even if I do not change anything at all. The error message is as follows:
Unable to create MIDlet defaultPackage.SemacodeMIDlet
The emulator crashes saying:
When deploying it to a N70, the MIDlet crashes instantly even before any error message could be displayed.
Meanwhile I found out that the jar package created by Carbide.j doesn't contain the necessary classes from the SDK library but just the surface-classes provided in source code with the reader.
As far as I can see, I did everything to include the library, which is provided as a jar itself:
- put it in the Java build path
- marked it to be exported to the final deployment file
I am using:
* Eclipse 3.1.2
* JDK 1.4.2_12
* J2ME WTK 2.2 update 1
* Nokia S60 JME SDK 2nd Ed. FP 3
* Carbide.j 1.5
* semacode Reader SDK for Java Phones 1.6
* sources from semacode Reader Standalone for Java Phones 1.6.
Any help appreciated.