Discussion Board

Unhappy E70 car kit no good

I'm miffed.

I've just spent a lump of cash on a new E70 and a so-called "advanced" car kit to go with it.

You can't use the control button functionality (which is an important safety feature) of the car kit, and charge the phone, at the same time. If you want full functionality you have to take it out of the cradle and pair it with Bluetooth. On the other hand if you want your E70 to run on mains power, and put it back in the cradle, it cuts off Bluetooth and no longer works with the control button - you have to look down and press the buttons on the phone.

This is ridiculous. I am very annoyed that this serious and apparently un-fixable issue is not explained on the Nokia website or by the dealer. Having been a Nokia loyalist (all my family and company phones ) for very many years I've got to say this is a disappointment.
    Last edited by gobstopper; 2006-09-12 at 09:01.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: E70 car kit no good

Hi,

Have you tried to contact Nokia Care for your country? They are responsible for supporting and handling complaints from end users about Nokia products.

As this is the developer support forum, I don't think we can do anything for you, unfortunately.

Please call Nokia Care and see what they can do for you.

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by dcrocha
    Hi,

Have you tried to contact Nokia Care for your country? They are responsible for supporting and handling complaints from end users about Nokia products.

As this is the developer support forum, I don't think we can do anything for you, unfortunately.

Please call Nokia Care and see what they can do for you.

Daniel
    I though this was " a community forum for discussing technical issues about Nokia devices". Well ... this is a technical issue about a Nokia device. Maybe some developer can get on the case and develop a solution. As for contacting Nokia, the call centre wasn't much help.

Super Contributor

There are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/. If you post your concerns there you may get a response from there.

Regards
    Gopal