Discussion Board

app icon on N80 looks negated.

Hi,

The application icon on Nokia N80 seems to be displaying like a negative image. am using mifconv with 24-bit colour depth to build the icon. It doesn't allow me to use 32-bit colour depth. Even the icon displayed within the application is not good. The size of app icon displayed on applications menu is 29*29 pixels and 44*44 for the one displayed within the application.

Both icons display good on S60 v1/v2 devices and other S60 v3 devices with a lower resolution, like 208*208 pixels. The problem seems to be only on N80 and possibly with 352*416 resolution (not sure though) phones. Has anyone seen this before?

thanks.
    K

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: app icon on N80 looks negated.

you should use SVG icons instead of bmp/mbm with 3rd edition, then your icons would be scaled right on the target devices and they would look a lot nicer.

yucca

Thanks, am trying to use SVG now. Is it possible to convert existing bmp icons to svg icons (i mean without actually recreating or redrawing them). I used a svg editor to create an XML svg file, which actually references the bmp icon within it. I don't think this is the right way of doing, but if this works then it would be the fastest way for me right now.

Unfortunately this does not display any icon on the phone, I tried copying even the bmp files onto the phone, but looks like it doesn't work. Could someone please let me know what is the fastest way to convert a bmp icon to svg ? (cannot use svg tags to redraw the icon, as its a custom image)

thanks
    K.

I now managed to export a bmp file into SVG format. Initially I was only referencing the bmp within the SVG, but now have created a proper SVG file using e-Picture Pro.

thanks,
    K.