Discussion Board

Unhappy placelab.org - including their libraries and application invalid format

Hello.

I've started to delevelop a small application, in J2ME, using the placelab libraries... (external jars).

How can i, when building the jar for my application, include the external jar? should i do it in the manifest file? how?

another question about invalid application format.
    last night, when developing a small app with eclipse, i build the jar and i've deployed to my 6600 phone, but when the installer starts to install the app, i get an error saying that the application has an invalid format.... why?

Cheers,

Feiticeir0

Super Contributor

Re: placelab.org - including their libraries and application invalid format

Invalid application in this case is probably caused by the fact that 6600 is a CLDC 1.0 phone, and I am guessing that you have built your jar file fro CLDC 1.1. Try to change that option inside the IDE and create the package again.

To get the libraries included in you application, you could also download the placelab source files from sourceforge.net and place the necessary ones inside your jar the normal way.

Hartti

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi feiticeir0,

Unfortunately, it's impossible to include jar as libraries on CLDC platform. In order to include Place Lab libraries, you need to either:

1) Download the sources and build them along with your source code and pack them into your jar file.

2) Download the .jar files, unpack them, thus getting several .class files. Use ant and Carbide.j's ant tasks to correctly copy the unpacked .class files to the .jar file.

Daniel

what is carbide j's ant task?

Wink Re: placelab.org - including their libraries and application invalid format

Thx all for the reply. Sorry the delay.

I'll try all that tonight and tomorow i'll post the results!

Thx all again!

Unhappy Re: placelab.org - including their libraries and application invalid format

Hello all.

I've changed the CLDC to 1.0 in Eclipse, but when deploying to the mobile, i get the same error... "Impossible to install. Version not valid".

Someone knows why? Should i try to create the JAR using the nokia developer suite 2.0 for j2me insted of Eclipse?

Is any way i can debug this? or something/some app that could help me to see why this is happening?
    Cheers,

Bruno

Super Contributor

Are you installing on top of an existing application?
    Is it possible to see the jad file?

Hartti

Unhappy Re: placelab.org - including their libraries and application invalid format

Hello.
    Thx for the reply.

I've found the error in the application. Changing the CLDC for 1.0 it installs perfectly.

My problem now is that i cannot open it....
    I'll start with small ones and then growing to something bigger....

Thx all for the answers !

Cheers,

Bruno