Discussion Board

Unhappy SIP Plugin 4.0 installation problem

I'm using Carbide.C++ and the Series 60 2nd edition FP2 SDK, and I've been trying for WEEKS to install the SIP plugin, without any good results.

I've uninstalled both the SDK and the IDE several times yet I always get this message when I install the SIP plugin:

"Series 60 SDK 2.6 is required but is not installed into your system or is not default SDK. Please install SDK or choose it as default before installing SIP Plug-in."

There is only one SDK installed on my machine, so I know it's the default. It's in English as well so there shouldn't have been any problem.

I even tried installing the plugin while only the S60 FP2 SDK is installed and it STILL produces that message! I also tried the FP3 SDK to no avail. I'm running on an Admin account, installing on all the default locations, doing everything in the SIP User Guide step by step. It STILL doesn't work. I have totally no idea what is going on.

I've been at this for weeks already. :( Please help...

Re: SIP Plugin 4.0 installation problem

By the way, I have a feeling that the installer is simply detecting something on my system that makes it think that the SDK isn't installed.

It would really help me if someone can tell me exactly what the installer is looking for.

I have a feeling that C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\devices.xml or installed2.xml has something to do with it. The SDK is still marked as default in these files though, so I might be totally wrong.

Re: SIP Plugin 4.0 installation problem

Oh,oh,oh,I have had the same problem for 1 week too,please help me.help!!help!!
    By the way,my sip plug-in version is for java
    Last edited by aaaazzz; 2006-12-15 at 02:37.