Discussion Board

How to get slider editor like "Light time-out"?

I've read every article here and elsewhere that I could find on customizing the setting list items in general and the slider in particular, but I haven't seen anything to help with this.

What I currently have is a setting list with a slider item, configured to show a value (not the slider graphic) in list mode, and the EAknSettingsItemSliderLayout when in edit mode. The problem with this is that the inside of the editor area is not skinned - it is all white, and I see no way to display the current value of the slider.

What I want is what the OS 9.x "Power saver time out" and "Light time-out" settings panels have for edit mode: the inside of the editor is skinned (at least colored with a compatible color) and the current value is displayed above the slider graphic in text form, e.g., "15 seconds".

I can get the editor to display the numeric value of the editor, but what I want is to display text equivalents. I see no way to override this behavior, or to get the editor to use skins.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,

Mark Peters

Re: How to get slider editor like "Light time-out"?

I just noticed that the skin issue is emulator only - on a real device the inside of the editor is colored as I would expect.

The only issue is how to override what gets displayed as the value above the slider.

Mark Peters