Discussion Board

Exclamation Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

ok new i finiched my 1° theme for my N-70

INFO ALL PART OF THIS THEME ARE in SVG format

1 - tabs and volume bar color don't change , its blue by default
    2 - bakground in bpinboard don't change , its blue by default "not change in GRID MODE only" but chnged to my background in list mode.
    3 - icons for ( radio + camera + movie + realplayer +image.print+music+transfer+media key) don't change , its by default

Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

Quote Originally Posted by dzconstantine
    1 - tabs and volume bar color don't change , its blue by default
    I had the same problem earlier; when sis file created for 2.6 - tabs were OK.

other problem music player not skinable for UI v2.6 or v2.8 i have make test in N-70

Question Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

Regarding to my Nokia 6680 (platform 2nd edition feature pack 2)
    When making the theme there is no possibility to change small icons (42x29 px), only the big ones (44x44 px) can be changed and then they replace the small ones but they are croping to the size of 42x29 px
    Mabe I'm doing something wrong and there still is such possibility (change the small icons)?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexKey
    there is no possibility to change small icons (42x29 px), only the big ones (44x44 px) can be changed and then they replace the small ones but they are croping to the size of 42x29 px
    If You edit SVG images, they are converted to proper size bitmaps during sis packaging. You could try to set desired resolution in "Convert to and Edit in bitmap Editor" and then continue to edit if You prefer to edit bitmaps. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Stojiljko
    If You edit SVG images, they are converted to proper size bitmaps during sis packaging. You could try to set desired resolution in "Convert to and Edit in bitmap Editor" and then continue to edit if You prefer to edit bitmaps. Hope this helps.
    Yeah, when I edit the icon in vector format it converts good, but if I'm using a bitmap editor I have to decide which size I should pick either 44x44(big) or 42x29(small). If I pick the big than small icon shall crop, if I choose small than big icons shall have a bad quality, what I'm trying to say that it would be very good if I could edit big and small icons seperatly, sometimes there is a need to pick one design for big icon and other design for the small icon, but Carbide.ui (unlike the Theme Studio) doesn't present the possibility to do so. Maybe it's a matter of time and later there will be an update or other version of the tool where there will be such possibility.

Vrey buggy soft.
    Same problems as in Theme Studio 3.0 and much more.
    Still can not correctly export to S60 FP2.
    And finally - 2Gb recommended memory for such simple application - it's madness.

Quote Originally Posted by cwwc
    Vrey buggy soft.
    Same problems as in Theme Studio 3.0 and much more.
    Still can not correctly export to S60 FP2.
    And finally - 2Gb recommended memory for such simple application - it's madness.

no problem with RAM i have 1Gb its very fast

Regarding RAM -- I think there is a memory leak. If you leave the Theme Edition running idle on an idle PC and come back 24 hours later it won't respond properly. Best to close it down when not in active use.

I installed carbide, and on the next day when I started my computer, after entering x64 I got a blue screen of death written: "System Service Exception"

Had to uninstall in safe mode. I was using Corel12.... dunno what the problem could have been.

Regular Contributor

Red face Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

Quote Originally Posted by AlexKey
    Yeah, when I edit the icon in vector format it converts good, but if I'm using a bitmap editor I have to decide which size I should pick either 44x44(big) or 42x29(small). If I pick the big than small icon shall crop, if I choose small than big icons shall have a bad quality, what I'm trying to say that it would be very good if I could edit big and small icons seperatly, sometimes there is a need to pick one design for big icon and other design for the small icon, but Carbide.ui (unlike the Theme Studio) doesn't present the possibility to do so. Maybe it's a matter of time and later there will be an update or other version of the tool where there will be such possibility.
    Me too
    Somehow, for my phone (6630), I must resize an Application Icons to meet the size with my phone.

How to change the folder icon (6630) so I can have the N-Series folder? I can't find it Is it possible or possible with TS 3.0 ?
    Ruli Rahmadi

Forum Nokia

Quote Originally Posted by rulirahm
    Me too
    Somehow, for my phone (6630), I must resize an Application Icons to meet the size with my phone.

How to change the folder icon (6630) so I can have the N-Series folder? I can't find it Is it possible or possible with TS 3.0 ?

for 6630 its UI v2.6

start new theme with v2.6 not defaultdisgn

Regular Contributor

U means not with "BasicGraphics" but "2nd Edition FP2", right? I don't see "v2.6" menu with Carbide.ui v3.1...
    Ruli Rahmadi

Forum Nokia