×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Constantine, Algeria
    Posts
    16

    Exclamation Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

    ok new i finiched my 1° theme for my N-70

    INFO ALL PART OF THIS THEME ARE in SVG format

    1 - tabs and volume bar color don't change , its blue by default
    2 - bakground in bpinboard don't change , its blue by default "not change in GRID MODE only" but chnged to my background in list mode.
    3 - icons for ( radio + camera + movie + realplayer +image.print+music+transfer+media key) don't change , its by default

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    40

    Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

    Quote Originally Posted by dzconstantine
    1 - tabs and volume bar color don't change , its blue by default
    I had the same problem earlier; when sis file created for 2.6 - tabs were OK.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Constantine, Algeria
    Posts
    16

    Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

    other problem music player not skinable for UI v2.6 or v2.8 i have make test in N-70

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kiev
    Posts
    2

    Question Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

    Regarding to my Nokia 6680 (platform 2nd edition feature pack 2)
    When making the theme there is no possibility to change small icons (42x29 px), only the big ones (44x44 px) can be changed and then they replace the small ones but they are croping to the size of 42x29 px
    Mabe I'm doing something wrong and there still is such possibility (change the small icons)?

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    40

    Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKey
    there is no possibility to change small icons (42x29 px), only the big ones (44x44 px) can be changed and then they replace the small ones but they are croping to the size of 42x29 px
    If You edit SVG images, they are converted to proper size bitmaps during sis packaging. You could try to set desired resolution in "Convert to and Edit in bitmap Editor" and then continue to edit if You prefer to edit bitmaps. Hope this helps.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kiev
    Posts
    2

    Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

    Quote Originally Posted by Stojiljko
    If You edit SVG images, they are converted to proper size bitmaps during sis packaging. You could try to set desired resolution in "Convert to and Edit in bitmap Editor" and then continue to edit if You prefer to edit bitmaps. Hope this helps.
    Yeah, when I edit the icon in vector format it converts good, but if I'm using a bitmap editor I have to decide which size I should pick either 44x44(big) or 42x29(small). If I pick the big than small icon shall crop, if I choose small than big icons shall have a bad quality, what I'm trying to say that it would be very good if I could edit big and small icons seperatly, sometimes there is a need to pick one design for big icon and other design for the small icon, but Carbide.ui (unlike the Theme Studio) doesn't present the possibility to do so. Maybe it's a matter of time and later there will be an update or other version of the tool where there will be such possibility.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6

    Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

    Vrey buggy soft.
    Same problems as in Theme Studio 3.0 and much more.
    Still can not correctly export to S60 FP2.
    And finally - 2Gb recommended memory for such simple application - it's madness.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Constantine, Algeria
    Posts
    16

    Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

    Quote Originally Posted by cwwc
    Vrey buggy soft.
    Same problems as in Theme Studio 3.0 and much more.
    Still can not correctly export to S60 FP2.
    And finally - 2Gb recommended memory for such simple application - it's madness.

    no problem with RAM i have 1Gb its very fast

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    13

    Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

    Regarding RAM -- I think there is a memory leak. If you leave the Theme Edition running idle on an idle PC and come back 24 hours later it won't respond properly. Best to close it down when not in active use.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5

    Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

    I installed carbide, and on the next day when I started my computer, after entering x64 I got a blue screen of death written: "System Service Exception"

    Had to uninstall in safe mode. I was using Corel12.... dunno what the problem could have been.

  11. #11
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    121

    Red face Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKey
    Yeah, when I edit the icon in vector format it converts good, but if I'm using a bitmap editor I have to decide which size I should pick either 44x44(big) or 42x29(small). If I pick the big than small icon shall crop, if I choose small than big icons shall have a bad quality, what I'm trying to say that it would be very good if I could edit big and small icons seperatly, sometimes there is a need to pick one design for big icon and other design for the small icon, but Carbide.ui (unlike the Theme Studio) doesn't present the possibility to do so. Maybe it's a matter of time and later there will be an update or other version of the tool where there will be such possibility.
    Me too
    Somehow, for my phone (6630), I must resize an Application Icons to meet the size with my phone.

    How to change the folder icon (6630) so I can have the N-Series folder? I can't find it Is it possible or possible with TS 3.0 ?
    Ruli Rahmadi

    Forum Nokia

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Constantine, Algeria
    Posts
    16

    Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

    Quote Originally Posted by rulirahm
    Me too
    Somehow, for my phone (6630), I must resize an Application Icons to meet the size with my phone.

    How to change the folder icon (6630) so I can have the N-Series folder? I can't find it Is it possible or possible with TS 3.0 ?

    for 6630 its UI v2.6

    start new theme with v2.6 not defaultdisgn

  13. #13
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    121

    Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 "Feedback"

    U means not with "BasicGraphics" but "2nd Edition FP2", right? I don't see "v2.6" menu with Carbide.ui v3.1...
    Ruli Rahmadi

    Forum Nokia

Similar Threads

  1. theme studio 2.1 and nokia 6103
    By buzzon in forum Streaming and Video
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2007-10-15, 18:24
  2. Where is SDK for S60 1st Edition?
    By MDWPPC in forum Mobile Java Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2007-02-08, 08:04
  3. Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1
    By peterblazejewicz in forum Streaming and Video
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2006-09-15, 07:55
  4. How to test N320 theme with S60 SDK for 2nd Edition?
    By chiennd in forum Streaming and Video
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2006-08-28, 03:52
  5. What is going on with Vibration on S60?
    By amd_rikus in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2006-06-16, 00:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×