Discussion Board

Exclamation HELP!! Carbide missing SIS folder

I have an application (PSA03) in development that has been compiled previously successfully for both emulator and ARMI builds.

After making further code additions I encountered various compilation problems that I have been clearing up (mainly missing libraries in ARMI build config).

I now get zero errors (but one warning (NewApplication_Fv @1 for the THUMB build). However, there isn't a SIS folder created!!

I've checked that there's an '<app>.aifdef' and also an <app>aif.rss file. They both look ok but I could be missing something.

The last few items in the console are-

'Building target: C:/Symbian/8.0a/S60_2nd_FP2_CW/epoc32/release/ARMI/UREL/PSA03.app'
    'Invoking: Petran'
    petran.exe -nocall -uid1 0x10000079 -uid2 0x100039CE -uid3 0x0D072634 "PSA03.sym" "C:/Symbian/8.0a/S60_2nd_FP2_CW/epoc32/release/ARMI/UREL/PSA03.app"

PETRAN - PE file preprocessor V01.00 (Build 191)
    Copyright (c) 1996-2004 Symbian Ltd.

'Finished building target: C:/Symbian/8.0a/S60_2nd_FP2_CW/epoc32/release/ARMI/UREL/PSA03.app'
    ' '
    Build complete for project PSA03

As can be seen no attempt at 'makesis' occurs, can anybody tell me what may be going on??

Super Contributor

Re: HELP!! Carbide missing SIS folder

Which Carbide?
    If Carbide.c++, then perhaps this helps: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=88846

Mitts,

Yes it is Carbide C++. Thanks for your timely response. I had a look at the link you provided, in fact I had looked at it previously. The point I think where my compilation for ARMI fails is that there isn't a SIS folder created and therefore no .pkg file for makesis to latch on to. Obviously there used to be a SIS folder, I have previously compiled this application for ARMI without problems.

Any ideas??

Super Contributor

But it needs to be visible in Carbide for Carbide to act upon it. This is the basic "philosophy" of IDE:s, you add the files to the IDE and once there the IDE knows what to do with it. So add the dir and import the .pkg file.

Smile Re: HELP!! Carbide missing SIS folder

Mitts,

Thanks for your help, the problem was mainly my confusion as to how the SIS folder dissapeared in the first place, as it was there previously.

I have created a new SIS folder and pkg file. Everything is now as expected.

Thanks again...