Discussion Board

N70 No Signal -- HELP!

I need your help, pls? i'm having trouble with my phone. Later part of August 2006, i got no signal. When i had the chance to visit SMART (my service provider), they told me that my sim is old and is not compatible with a high end phone like N70. So i got a new sim from them. Since then i was able to use my phone with no problem. BTW, I got my phone (N70) last April 2006. Although i suspected a virus because my thumb drive was infected with a virus and i also connect my N70 to the same terminals where i use my thumb drive. Is that possible? Well come to think of it, its a different OS. Just wondering.

Anyway, now... again... i have no signal for the longest time, almost 5 days now since Saturday afternoon (September 16, 2006). I havent done anything with my phone that i think might caused it to have no signal. And when i do get a signal, i cant send text. i cant even call my phone. i always get "The mobile subscriber you are calling is either unattended or out of coverage area. Please try your call later." How could that possible be when i have my phone beside me and had 4 bars of signal?

I would appreciate very much your help the soonest. Please help...

Jevin

Super Contributor

Re: N70 No Signal -- HELP!

Hi jaofiaza! Welcome to Nokia Discussion Boards!!

Please note that N70 supports the following network frequencies. GSM 1900, GSM 1800, WCDMA 2100 & GSM 900.
    Have you tried your SIM with a different Mobile?(Just to check whether the SIM is working well.) Hope you have tried with switching off your N70, removed Battery, SIM, replacing it again and restarting it.

If you are looking for an antivirus, try with F-Secure Mobile
    http://www.f-secure.com/estore/avmobile.shtml

Also please note that this is Mobile Application Developer Discussion Boards, Nokia end user products support questions should be addressed at Nokia's online support sites http://www.nokia.com/support not here in Forum Nokia.
    Also there are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/. If you post your concerns there you may get a response from there.

Regards
    Gopal

Thank you very much for the information. yes i tried all that, switching it off, removing everything (batteries, SIM, memory card (i got 512mb)) and restarting it, using other sim by different service providers, using my sim to other units. it just wont work.

i visited www.nokia.com and got a list of nokia stores who might be able to help. i'll try to visit the.

i'll check on the antivirus you recommended. just to isolate the problem.

and about this forum, i know you guys will be of great help. but i did post it under the right topic didnt i.

again, thank you very much.

i'll let you know how things went...

Jevin

i visited F-Secure. i wasnt for free. Have an idea where i could find one? Thanks.

Super Contributor

Have you tried using the phone with another SIM (which you know is working)? Also try to use your SIM in another phone (hopefully one of your frinds has one).

Hartti

I've got the same problem over here.

My N70 will sometimes switches to Offline mode because it can't find the SIM.
    I think it's a problem with new SIMs only.

The phone has allready been send to a service provider but without any success.
    I don't know what to do next.. maybe send it to my service provider again....