Discussion Board

sis install problems on N80

i bought a Nokia N80 1 month ago and installed some nice themes. But now have my mem card crashed(it have taked a ride in the washmashine)
    So i have bought a new mem card, but now cant a install this themes again!!
    Why? i get this message: Unable to install!

i also tride to install them in the phone memory, but i get the same message.

why cant i install this themes again?

Super Contributor

Re: sis install problems on N80

menu > Tools > Application Manager > Options > Settings > Software installation > All

?

i had already "ALL" checked!

somethinge else i can check?

i forgotten that a have uppgrade the firmware to V.4.0623...

maybe that effects? but why if thats the case?

now i have discoverd that can install almost nothing!

i have tried to install ex. agilemessenger error: "installation not supported"

Super Contributor

Is it an open-market/retail device, or an operator-branded/-customized version?

If operator branded, does the operator (now) require that any applications you install are Symbian Signed? Have you tried (developer) self-signed vs. Symbian Signed vs. manufacturer signed apps?

I ve got the same problem. In my opinion it must be a system registry problem. I ve installed some themes on my N80 and everything was OK. After deleting install files in file manager, I was still able to use the themes (they are on the themes list and they work well). But there is no way to remove them from phone, cause they are not listed in application manager. After formatting memory card (that's where the files were installed) themes are not anymore on the themes list. It looks like they are erased from the phone for good. But they are not! When I tried to install them again it is impossible.

Thus I've got some questions:

1. Is there any way to clean the system registry (maybe PC application to get rid of rubbish in the phone system registry)?

2. How can I format phone memory? I heard about formatting it by pressing together: <call key> + <3> + <*>. Does it work on N80? Are there any other codes for this phone? For example service menu?

3. Can I delete the .sis file from miniSD or phone memory after installing it? On PC, after installation you can delete installer without any problems.

By the way, my firmware is: V 3.0617.0.6 03-05-2006 RM-92 Nokia N80 (71.02)

Greets

I've had the same problem as you with an N73. I'm unable to install an application after uninstalling it.

I have also tried to format memory card after "uninstalling" and many other things like modifying by hand several files, but I got now success.

I am of the same oppinion as you kiesu, I think there is a registry problem, but there is no way to access private folders of the phone in S60 rev3 due to security restrictions (this could be done in rev2). We can access the private folder of the memory card, but no the phone. There is no "file manager" that can access those folders as far as I know...

I have become crazy surfing the whole web, and I have found many people with the same problem, but nobody who has solved it. I have posted a question to Nokia support in case they can help us.

Does any of you have a hint on how we could solve it?

Hello All,

Sadly, I too have the same problem with my Nokia N73. I installed a theme called Full Forms and saved it to my memory card. I recently upgraded the memory card, and tried to reinstall the theme on my phone.

It will not let me reinstall the new theme, and I can't erase it from the phone by pressing <c>...Does anybody have any idea what to do....Help....also if anybody can tell me how to transfer applications from my old memory card to my new card, I would forever be grateful...Thanks