Discussion Board

Nokia N73 faults

hi i got my nokia n73 6 days ago, the stats of the fone are impressive, BUT, it laggs more than a pentium 1, ive made fone calls and my fone has switched itself off, the camera sumtimes freezes my fone and to open an image takes ages, and last nite the middle joy pad just fell off, didnt snap or nufin just fell off

is there a reason its doing this, did nokia have there eyes shut when testing it?

Thumbs down Re: Nokia N73 faults

I wish I had read some of the problems before I upgraded my phone, Previously I had a Nokia 6630, which in the whole was a good phone. I thought I would stick with Nokia as I signed another contract with 3, what a mistake, I have had the phone only 5 days and upto now its. RESET its self 4 times, even when I had an incoming phone call (thats really annoying). The camera has locked the phone, I couldn't even hold the off button down to get it to reset, I had to resort to pulling the battery out (done this twice). So far im not happy, the design and feel of the phone is really good, just a pity the problems above are making me feel I should just stick my sim card back in my 6630 and deposit this phone in the bin. Are there any firmware fixes out there, cause believe me this phone needs them. My answer to your question "Did nokia have their eyes closed when testing?", I think they did.

Re: Nokia N73 faults

Hi,
    I got this mobile and facing the 'Restart problem' while attending a call . It is more specific to some calls. Like if someone tries to call me from Pakistan from MOBILINK Network and I am on 3G network and I try to recieve the call, my set restarts.
    I have no idea why this problem is there? Any solution for this. The strange thing is that this behaviour is not same for all calls. For some specific calls (from certain service provider) and when my mobile is using UMTS network. The same call can be successfulyl recieved while using phone on GSM network. My Firmware version is V 2.0628.0.0.1 10-07-2006 RM-133 nokia n73 (49.02)

any advice?