Discussion Board

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Required application access not granted error while installing sis file

Hello,

I am newBie for symbian.
    I am able to installing by using sis file in the basic application like helloworld.
    By disabling the signed application in device.

When i am trying to do the same for an messaging application i am getting the error on device "Required application access not granted".

Please help me out in this.

Thanks & regards,
    Muralidhar.

Regular Contributor

Re: Required application access not granted error while installing sis file

Extension for my above Post..

I am trying to install on E70 3rd generation phone..
    LANG SC
    CAPABILITY NetworkServices ReadUserData WriteUserData WriteDeviceData ReadDeviceData

I heard that i need these capabilities for my application.

I want to know there is any other way other than signing the application to get the above capabilities.

Because my application is in still development phase. When it developed completely only i can send it for testing and get the certification.

Thanks in advance,
    Muralidhar.

Nokia Developer Moderator

for WriteDeviceData ReadDeviceData you need to get developer certificate from symbian signed, for more information, visit www.symbiansigned.com

yucca

Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot yucca..

Super Contributor

Just for your information, I have written a blog about various certificate error messages in S60 3rd Edition. Check it out at http://mobile.antonypranata.com/2006...0-3rd-edition/.

Just in case, you see other messages.

Antony

antonypr thanks for this site, it's very helpful. Good job!
    paranoia is faith in a hidden order behind visible

Lightbulb Re: Required application access not granted error while installing sis file

The "Required application access not granted" error can be as a result of using an older version the DevCertRequest tool. Moving from version 2.0 to 2.3 there were an extra 4 capabilities that I could allow my application to perform which it required. Using the older version didn't allow these and hence caused this message to appear during installation.

Regular Contributor

Exclamation Re: Required application access not granted error while installing sis file

Quote Originally Posted by antonypr View Post
    Just for your information, I have written a blog about various certificate error messages in S60 3rd Edition. Check it out at http://mobile.antonypranata.com/2006...0-3rd-edition/.
    Nice blog. You say in it:
    If your application requires one of the extended capabilities, for example SwEvent, you cannot sign it with self-signed certificate. In this case, apply for developer certificates from Symbian Signed.
    Note that the current openSignedOnline site *does* allow for SwEvent. So perhaps you should pick a different capability, or explain why it won't work even though OSO allows it.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleOp View Post
    Note that the current openSignedOnline site *does* allow for SwEvent. So perhaps you should pick a different capability, or explain why it won't work even though OSO allows it.
    The statement is still valid. Open Signed Online (OSO) is not self-signed, the signing is done with a devcert which is valid for one IMEI-only. The only thing changed is that the devcert is not given to you (as in the offline version) but generated on the fly on the server side and then deleted after use.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    The statement is still valid. Open Signed Online (OSO) is not self-signed, the signing is done with a devcert which is valid for one IMEI-only. The only thing changed is that the devcert is not given to you (as in the offline version) but generated on the fly on the server side and then deleted after use.
    Hello,

I'm having trouble to apply for a certificate.

I tried to access symbiansigned.com at https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/page

I would like to get an offline certificate but I cannot register with my personal email.
    How come free developers cannot get a signing certificate? How can I overcome this limitation?

Thank you,

alfonso

Quote Originally Posted by alfonso78 View Post
    Hello,

I'm having trouble to apply for a certificate.

I tried to access symbiansigned.com at https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/page
    That is the correct place to apply for a certificate. They also have a support forum, hosted at http://developer.symbian.org
    I would like to get an offline certificate but I cannot register with my personal email.
    It all depends on where you email is hosted. Te get a developer certificate (offline) you must have a Publisher ID, which is only granted to registered companies (be those a one man shop with the simplest form of registration allowed in a given country). The expectation is that if you have a company you may as well have a domain name and a mail server under it, so that you don't use a public service such as @ovi.com or the rest.
    How come free developers cannot get a signing certificate? How can I overcome this limitation?
    There is no such thing as free developers. There's only developers. But the general expectation is that you are doing a business, looking to gain profit from this software development activity or at least able to cover the costs.
    There was a time when every developer could get a developer certificate for offline use. The system was unfortunately abused by end-users and by developers releasing unsigned applications. The current situation is a reaction to that and it means that if you cannot prove that you are a company then you cannot prove that you are a developer either, and the only option available for you is seld-signed and Open Signed Online for R&D purposes and self-signing as a releases option.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Hi all!

I really need some help on this...

I have an application with the following Capabilities:

CAPABILITY NetworkServices ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData ReadUserData WriteUserData LocalServices SwEvent

An those UID: 0x100039CE 0xEFAED3C8

In theory, I should be able to sign it ONLINE (symbiansigned) and install it on my device (a Symbian S60 FP3 Release 2).

But I get the error "Required application access not granted".
    What I should look for? There is any other setting in the .pkg or in the .mmp file that I should change to avoid this error???

Thank you very much.

Super Contributor

In theory, I should be able to sign it ONLINE (symbiansigned) and install it on my device (a Symbian S60 FP3 Release 2).
    you meant OpenSigning Online ?

Why That???

Feel free to read the rest of the thread. The application has some capability which is not granted by the certificate used for signing it.