Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Signing the j2me application form javavarified.com

hi, i hav develop an application for nokia S60 and S40 and ported it for Sonyericcion, motorola. i want to sign my application form http://javaverified.com/ .

I am little confused about cost and hows can i sign my whole application for different handsets.

tell me how can i register my whole application for all the handsets from it and weather i have to pay for each build made for particular handset. or i can upload one after one all the jad/jars and required documentation and it will be done using same cost as varifying a single build.

regards.
    qasitouch.

Is there a reason to go for Java Verified? I would not go for signing, when possible, I would go for VeriSign+thawte when needed for usability, however, I would go for Java Verified when forced to (by sales channel) only. This is the most expensive path.

Regular Contributor

Re: Signing the j2me application form javavarified.com

Basically the system works so that you pick one of the signer companies listed on the site, you submit your application to the javaverified-site along with the flow-diagram and other stuff they require. The the selected company tests the application and if successfull, they submit signed application package to the site for you to download. The cost was something like $150 per package. After signing you are not able to make any changes to your jar-file, but allowed to make some changes to you jad-file. If you make changes to the jar, you need to re-submit and pay again... Be sure you have all the permission set correctly and no exceptions are getting through your ui.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by traud
    Is there a reason to go for Java Verified? I would not go for signing, when possible, I would go for VeriSign+thawte when needed for usability, however, I would go for Java Verified when forced to (by sales channel) only. This is the most expensive path.
    I definitely agree... Only thing you get from javaverified is right to have java-logo in your application

Regular Contributor

1st of all thnx for ur time.

i m little confused in one application ported for difertnt handsets like sony Ericson, motorola etc.

plz tell me if i have to varify each build for these handsets separatrly. if i do so then also tell me that same application ported for other handset will cost me same as before. actuly our app support almost java mobiles of differnt manufactures.

how can i varify my application for all handsets having differnt builds for differnt handsets and resulations. and weather each build is considered as separate application?

i m realy confused at this time

kind ragards,
    qasitouch.

Regular Contributor

Hi all,
    i too need to know the details in detail...i think for the different ports we need to get signed differently...Can anybody know how much time approximately they will take to geve the certification..
    Thanks & Regards
    kannan
    [kamalinfo2k2@yahoo.com]

Regular Contributor

In javaverified it takes couple of days, probably depending on the company you choose. Different builds are considered as different applications so you need to get them all signed separately :P