Discussion Board

Post Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 for Symbian OS Known Issues and Workarounds

If You experience problem during packaging with this info message:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    An exception occured (when parsing line 237):
    Parse error
    Non-SVG icon can not have an unnamed mask
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

================================================== ====================

Aborted, ERRORS ENCOUNTERED!

It is related to using transparent (GIF, JPG or PNG) graphics on background (in my case it was Music Player background)
    Workaround:
    Save the file as .bmp ( no transparency), copy/paste to the tool => no mask will be created => packaging problem solved.

Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 for Symbian OS Known Issues and Workarounds

Many thanks for that workaround. I too was having the same problem with the music player.

I was using bitmaps, as though the SVG images I created using Inkscape show correctly in the Theme Studio, when downloaded to the phone they do not work correctly. For example, gradient fills just show up as the start colour on the phone, with no change. My workaround is to create the SVG images, then save a copy of the theme and, for everything I have changed the SVG file for, I use the convert and edit bitmap option -- remembering to save the image in the bitmap editor (set to Microsoft paint application for speed). This automatically creates the bitmap mask required for transparency. Thus cut-outs, and graduated fills to transparent should work correctly. It all looked ok in the theme studio, but I hit the same error you did.

Does anyone know why the SVGs show correctly in 3.1 Theme studio, but don't work on my N80?

I had a lot of problems with the music player background. I was finally given a clue by a discussion on another board http://forum.mobilethemes.com/showthread.phtml?p=5352 (thanks supertonic) who also mentioned “paste” – This is the key to it, to get round the problem:

You have to copy a bmp to the clipboard (eg in paint ctrl-a ctrl-c) and then with the music player background selected, right click the SVG entry in the “Application Background Skin Layers” window and choose paste. This is the only way that will work.
    Last edited by stevewaring; 2006-09-28 at 23:09.

Re: Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1 for Symbian OS Known Issues and Workarounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevewaring
    Does anyone know why the SVGs show correctly in 3.1 Theme studio, but don't work on my N80?
    I've seen it on other forums alsothe problem with Inkscape and N80 svg engine. There is a workaround (quite ugly workaround though as You'll have to manually edit SVG XML file format). From release notes You could get more details:

- SVG elements that contain arcto constructs (A) in the path data are not
    supported. When such SVG image is deployed to phone, user may experience
    that it is partly or completely blank.

Workaround: Convert arcto to curveto(C) or other path constructs, such as
    lineto (L), moveto (M), etc. that are supported. Some SVG authoring tools offer
    command to "simplify" path(s) which could be used for this task.

- SVG elements that contain multiple referenced attributes under style attribute
    (e.g. *url(#ref_id)) are not supported.

Workaround: Remove references from style attribute. Referenced attributes are
    caused by multiple attributes under style. To avoid the problem and achieve
    the maximum quality of image, style attributes should removed from style and
    used as xml attributes. e.g. Convert from style="fill=xxx;fill-path=xxx;stroke
    =xxx;stroke-width=xxx;" to fill="xxx" fill-path="xxx" etc. For more details:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/styling.htm...tionAttributes

Hope this helps.
    Regards,

get serial page is not found...

can someone tell me why when im packaging my themes i only end up with an installer file ranging from 3 to 500 kb that is useless.the first theme i made worked fine but everything after presents the same problem.WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!!!!!!!