Discussion Board

Question about bluetooth application (one client and server in the same device)

Hi,

Now I develop one bluetooth application, where I have obtained to make one server that gives one L2CAP service and one client that searchs and finds this service. The server and the client are different devices.

My question is if it is possible to make in one only device the client and the server. I only try to make one system where the client and the server go changing the papers in the same device. I obtain good results in the emulator, but in the real devices I have found the problem that the program doesn't work well because first of all the services don't match by the client and moreover it makes that the movile is blocked and you don't close the application as you do normally.

If someone knows how to develop one client and server in the same device, please tell me the solution or one reference of some example of it.

Thanks for all,
    Regards

GONZI

Quote Originally Posted by gonzi
    the services don't match by the client
    When you client is not able to find a server, either you search not correctly and use static L2CAP PSM values or you have a Bluetooth master/slave state issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzi
    the movile is blocked
    Threads?
    Most of the calls within a Bluetooth callback event have to proceed in a new thread.

Re: Question about bluetooth application (one client and server in the same device)

Hi traud,

Thanks for your answer, the key to solve the problem was in the threads, since when I launch the server the client has the bluetooth resources, and for this the system doesn't work well. Now my application works perfectly.

Thanks for all.

Regards,

GONZI

Re: Question about bluetooth application (one client and server in the same device)

Hi there,

I am trying to develop a bluetooth messaging application to have the server and client in one system. Is it possible Gonzi that you could give me some ideas as to how to achieve this since you have successfully achieved this.

Thanks

P.S I so far have a server / client system that works perfectly though I need to have each application running on a different mobile phone.