Discussion Board

CodeWarrior 3.1.1 does not create SIS-file for S60 3rd edition SDK

I think someone has reported about this kind of problem earlier, but in my case the behaviour was a bit different, so I decided to make a new thread.

I have updated my CodeWarrior Professional Edition to 3.1.1 to use on device debugging with S60 3rd edition phones.

After update, I was able to generate SIS-file with no problems for S60 2nd edition application (I was using S60 2.1 SDK for CW).

However, with S60 3rd edition SDK, this automatic SIS-file creation failed. I left out signing SIS-file at the beginning to make thinks more simple - I just tried to make the unsigned SIS-file.

What happened is that the application was build with no problems, but at the SIS-file creation phase I got the following error message:

Error : Symbian Installer - error: file I/O fault.
    helloworldbasic_armv5.pkg line 19

The application is the S60 Hello World Basic example from S60 3.1 SDK from Nokia Forum site, but the same happens with other applicationas I have tried.

The line 19 mentioned in the error message is the first line in pkg-file of files to install, like below:

"..\..\..\epoc32\release\armv5\urel\HelloWorldBasic.exe" -"C:\sys\bin\HelloWorldBasic.exe"

I was using ARMV5 target type.

I have updated the Content Search Location in CodeWarrion Symbian Installation setting to be the same directory where the pkg-file exist.

Does this error message mean that the IDE can not find the file to be installed or someting else?

Regular Contributor

Question Re: CodeWarrior 3.1.1 does not create SIS-file for S60 3rd edition SDK

Hi petpieta,

I am also facing same problem with code warrior
    how u solved the problem.

Help me in this matter.

Regular Contributor

Smile Re: CodeWarrior 3.1.1 does not create SIS-file for S60 3rd edition SDK

hey sorry to disturb .

problem got solved.

in pkg file i gave full path of .exe
    now its working fine.