Discussion Board

Unhappy N95 can compete with a sharp904sh or 910sh??

N95 can compete with a sharp904sh or 910sh??

The sharp have a Vga display the Nokia No!!.. only a little QVGA and a second little camera 352x288.. possible?

Super Contributor

Re: N95 can compete with a sharp904sh or 910sh??

Those Japanese Sharp phones seem to be quite nice phones, I agree. Screen resolution is higher, yes. Camera resolution is lower. It is heavier and bigger than N95. N95 is a quad-band GSM + WCDMA, Sharp seems to be tri-band (and if you travel you really see the difference when you have always the both GSM frequencies). Tallk-time and stand-by time is a draw (that depends a lot of the cell signal anyway). There seems to be much more internal memory in N95. There does not seem to be WLAN in those sharp models. Sharp has motion sensor, N95 has GPS. second camera is a little better in sharp (110,000 pixels vs 103,000 pixels)

etc.etc

Furter comparison is hard as I do not have the full specs of those sharp phones.
    Besides, it depends on the user, which features are more important.

And one has to remember that hw is not everything, the user experience depends a lot on the UI, responsivenes, etc of the software. As I have not used any sharp phones I cannot make any comparisons on this.

Hartti

Arrow Re: N95 can compete with a sharp904sh or 910sh??

In most forum the 904sh 3.2Mpixel photos are said to be very good at level of Digital photocamera so expect more better photos from 910sh 5Mpixel and with a Vga displays looks better (but there are terrible limitations on sharp os on lenght of mp3 midi etc video must be inserted in certain place cause cannot found and games)... so why Nokia not unleash the power of the next NXX series of 5mpixel cameras with a good Vga display for photos and videos. The N95 i think is "unpowered" with a 320x240 if it can record at 640x480 at 30fps..plus a better second camera of 640x480.
    The 64 tone could be improved to 72 or 128 (there are yamaha chip from years on the market).
    The battery too..it must provides long power i think like that of N73..

Luke

Re: N95 can compete with a sharp904sh or 910sh??

Yes, I agree 100% that a 320x240 display is not enough for the N95! Very strange mix having 640x480 video resolution, GPS and a display with lower resolution than for ex. the N80...