Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up Re: which IDE is better for game development? Eclipse or Netbeans?

Cheers awoywood. Looks like Tile Studio could be very handy. Gonna play around with it. No doubt I'll get stuck on something along the way but for now this is great. Greatly appreciate the nudge in the right direction.

Hi, as far as I know there is no extension for that. But you can try Tile Studio here http://tilestudio.sourceforge.net/. As it's name suggest, its a tile editor, and a good one, and free. (Some other developers use mappy http://www.tilemap.co.uk/). Follow the included tutorial and in an hour you will be drawing your RPG game. It includes an export scripting language. If you need help with that or how to parse the map into your app, just let me know. Good luck!

Re: which IDE is better for game development? Eclipse or Netbeans?

Quote Originally Posted by krusty-g View Post
    Cheers awoywood. Looks like Tile Studio could be very handy. Gonna play around with it. No doubt I'll get stuck on something along the way but for now this is great. Greatly appreciate the nudge in the right direction.
    Tile Studio is used to design background/screen for games, but for designing animation of sprites you can use Motion Welder .
    It is free GUI tool, to create/edit animation for j2me games. browse examples with installer, to get more idea about it.