Discussion Board

Lightbulb Extend IP passthrough to others s60 3rd model

Hi.. i don't understand why the nokia network bridge is only available for a small range of the new nokia models with symbian s60 3rd edition, and not for all models...

I know that exist a software called Gnubox, that does a similar work, but it doesn't work with symbian s60 3rd edition, and it isn't supported from nokia..

I would like to have some software that makes my new nokia 5500 able to connect to internet through ip passthrough bluetooth or usb cable taking advantage of my pc adsl connection, like many E series model already does.

Can any developer help me please? i think that this feature would be very appreciate from a large number of users..

Thanks.

Re: Extend IP passthrough to others s60 3rd model

There isn't really anybody interested to this feature?.. i can't believe it.. there are many applications that require an internet connection and taking advantage of an adsl internet connection can permit to save much money for the users...

Nobody need this feature?.. when i will have some free time i begin to try to coding this feature.. if there is somebody interested on this software project please contact me..

Quote Originally Posted by pisciu
    Hi.. i don't understand why the nokia network bridge is only available for a small range of the new nokia models with symbian s60 3rd edition, and not for all models...

I know that exist a software called Gnubox, that does a similar work, but it doesn't work with symbian s60 3rd edition, and it isn't supported from nokia..

I would like to have some software that makes my new nokia 5500 able to connect to internet through ip passthrough bluetooth or usb cable taking advantage of my pc adsl connection, like many E series model already does.

Can any developer help me please? i think that this feature would be very appreciate from a large number of users..

Thanks.

I second this -

This is a cool feature to market your smart phones - esp those which do not have built in WiFi.... Please extend this to N-Series

Thanks.

BUMP GNUBOX for my s60v3 pls!!!

or firmware update that actually makes the phone flexible, to use this.

I cannot afford to pay 80 bucks per MB with my ISP... it's nuts!!

and I just got my n73... surprised there's no wifi either but what the hell bluetooth is good enough for me. if it worked...

I am very interested in IP pass through (for other Nokias) and am trying to figure out why the N80 does not have the telephone settings to establish SIP calls like in the E60. Anyone know if I can port the E60 telephone settings to the N80???

If you know how, please advise me.

Thanks

I am very interested in IP pass through (for other Nokias) and am trying to figure out why the N80 does not have the telephone settings to establish SIP calls like in the E60. Anyone know if I can port the E60 telephone settings to the N80???

If you know how, please advise me.

Thanks

BumP,

Let's make it a petition? :O

Someone got gnubox working on 60v3 series so i guess that's fixed

here's the link:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...2&page=6&pp=15

. . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Last edited by pmani1; 2008-11-12 at 15:33.

I recently bought an E62. I have been looking into methods of browsing internet via PC on my E62.
    I have tried to install 3 or 4 diferernt types of Bluetooth stack(Fujitsu t4010d tablet pc) and tried the internet sharing guidlines from multiple google search links.
    http://web.singnet.com.sg/~kinston/B...20Internet.htm
    http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/archive/t-48901.html
    http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/1001649.html
    http://www.jonsguides.com/bluetooth/lanshare.html

I looks like we have to have a gnubox or similar software to connect from E62 to a PC ( i tried the above links without a gnubox or similar software)
    I found a IP network bridge software in the Nokia site, but apparently works for 9300 or 9500 series phones

I support all of you in getting a solution and voicing for it.... thx

Thumbs up Re: Extend IP passthrough to others s60 3rd model

Got the GnuBox working on the Nokia 5500 sports model which is 3rd edition device......
    Check out this forum topic
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=96953

it's wonderfull!!

but also i have tried to make working gnubox in my phone, but it seems that it can't connect to the pc.. what have you done to make it working? there are some instructions?

thanks in advance.
    Pisciu

It works fine....just you need to follow the exact steps as they are given....during any step you get problem post. I will try to answer it.

Can any one let me know that N-70 and N-6600 supports IP passthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by pisciu View Post

Thanks.
    I agree: i recently switch to a S603rd symbian based Samsung handset (i560v), and i was very surprised that there was no way to access internet with the USB cable connection ! My old WindowsMobile 2003SE Acer n30 PDA has this !
    So please Nokia, add Bluetooth and USB cable internet access on your S60 3rd !