Is it a known issue that Codewarrior does not correctly import STATICLIBRARY as a lib, but adds as a dso?
I'm using Codewarrior v3.1, and S60-SDK-0616-3.0-mr.3.749.zip, using default Symbian import template. Build tool target is GCCE.
I've used TARGETTYPE LIB for my lib, and it successfully generates .lib in armv5\udeb|urel, and abld build works fine with STATICLIBRARY mylib.lib in my myexe.exe mmp file. At this time .dso file is not generated, so I believe this procedure is what it should be.
But the problem is when I import this myexe mmp file, it is imported as a .dso, just like mylib.dso. Of course this will give link error mylib.dso is not found blabla. If I remove this, and drag mylib.lib (from armv5) to Library-GCCE and build, it's correctly built. I cannot but think that CW's mmp import is doing something other than expected.
I found the same problem in
but looks like that was not concluded.